IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Hyophorbe L&V (Post Yours)

SoulofthePlace

My Hyophorbes (recent transplants from pots):

DSC06485.JPG

DSC06504.JPG

DSC06502.JPG

Average day temperatures: +17°C in the winter and +24°C in the summer. Typical Summer: 68F to 77F (20C to 25C). Typical Winter: 55F to 64F (12C to 18C). Record Low (past 5 years): 45F or +7.7C (once a winter, some winters). Record High (past 5 years): 83F or +28C (some days only). Elevation 140 m (459 ft.) to 160 m (525 ft.), latitude 38.54º. Sunset Zone: unknown

Not really a cold hardy Palm candidate lol but here’s my 7g potter enjoying its winter vacation 

E7B3BF06-6F7F-44A9-B61C-78CDE9E9018D.jpeg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jeff985 said:

8011598E-E926-47B2-9D9B-1EB981DBECCC.jpeg

What's the surname of the beautiful palm? Is this H. indica?

Edited by SoulofthePlace
  • Like 1

Average day temperatures: +17°C in the winter and +24°C in the summer. Typical Summer: 68F to 77F (20C to 25C). Typical Winter: 55F to 64F (12C to 18C). Record Low (past 5 years): 45F or +7.7C (once a winter, some winters). Record High (past 5 years): 83F or +28C (some days only). Elevation 140 m (459 ft.) to 160 m (525 ft.), latitude 38.54º. Sunset Zone: unknown

1 minute ago, HoustonTropical said:

Nice spindle did you find it locally 

Flamingo gardens in Galveston. They have a bunch of doubles and triples for like $300 but this was one of only a couple singles they had. I got it for $70. 

1 minute ago, HoustonTropical said:

Thanks since the kids are out of school We’ll find some time to check them out.

It’s a cool place. They have double and triple foxtails, royals, large fishtails, large alexandraes, etc... Also the best prices on roebeleniis around. 

• Like 1

Mine look messy because of cool climate being exposed to winds, rain and cool temps, always staying outdoors out in the open. I bought mine for €10 plus shipping, so €15 in the Canary islands. No wonder I could not recognize the ones that look normal (green) and are in great shape.