IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PALMS AND PALMTALK NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE

PALM MOD

Some background on the Tahina Preservation Project and PalmTalk.

15 years ago, before PalmTalk, the IPS was a great and valued society. It still is. But PalmTalk's immediate and continuing popularity (with 20 new PalmTalkers every week) demonstrates that there is a very large portion of "Palm People," that for various reasons, have not joined the IPS,  or wish to donate to a general IPS fund. Through the years, over a hundred thousand of these "Palm People" have passed through PalmTalk seeking information, making connections, and just having fun.

However, we owe the existence of PalmTalk to the generosity of the IPS and their sponsorship. And years ago, the success of the first PalmTalk Fundraiser demonstrated to the IPS that PalmTalkers realized this and wished to directly support PalmTalk, if only given a way to do so.

That concept has now been improved upon. And we need your help to show the IPS that PalmTalk is worth their continued sponsorship. Now you have a method to show your support for PalmTalk while also supporting the conservation of a palm that has a special relationship with PalmTalk. Funds donated to this Tahina Project will not only go 100% to preserving this palm, but also show that PalmTalkers value PalmTalk and appreciate the sponsorship of the IPS. It has remained a gateway for many to find and join in with this fabulous palm community .

View some ways you can donate while also receiving some tempting "deals" on Tahina "swag" and perks on PalmTalk. HERE

READ THE EXCITING STORY ABOUT TAHINA'S DISCOVERY ON PALMTALK BELOW. 

AND READ HOW YOU CAN HELP TAHINA AND PALMTALK HERE

• Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

• 3 months later...

Wow...I don't know how I missed this post.  Was it for IPS members before?

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

1 hour ago, joe_OC said:

Wow...I don't know how I missed this post.  Was it for IPS members before?

If you are talking about the story of the discovery then no. This was a post from many years ago, and would have been hard to miss if you were around. 

That's why you need to check in frequently here - no telling what you will miss. :)

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Tahina I knew about.  But the donation part was new to me.

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in such a great project.  I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned from reading all of the wonderful posts that people share.   This forum has allowed me to be more confident in trying to grow palms.   I have a bunch of seedlings now that will allow me to experience a wonderful journey with them.  I’m not much of a poster but more of a good listener. As I gain my own experiences I’ll be able to, with confidence, share more and more.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, joe_OC said:

Oh yeah, Tahina I knew about.  But the donation part was new to me.

Yeah Joe - this has been under development for awhile - hidden from all you guys until we were ready.

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in such a great project.  I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned from reading all of the wonderful posts that people share.   This forum has allowed me to be more confident in trying to grow palms.   I have a bunch of seedlings now that will allow me to experience a wonderful journey with them.  I’m not much of a poster but more of a good listener. As I gain my own experiences I’ll be able to, with confidence, share more and more.  

Eddie - We owe you the thank you for your generous donation. I hope you have a long fruitful relationship with the palms we all love.