Sign in to follow this  
PALM MOD

PALMS AND PALMTALK NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE

PALM MOD

Some background on the Tahina Preservation Project and PalmTalk.

15 years ago, before PalmTalk, the IPS was a great and valued society. It still is. But PalmTalk's immediate and continuing popularity (with 20 new PalmTalkers every week) demonstrates that there is a very large portion of "Palm People," that for various reasons, have not joined the IPS,  or wish to donate to a general IPS fund. Through the years, over a hundred thousand of these "Palm People" have passed through PalmTalk seeking information, making connections, and just having fun.

However, we owe the existence of PalmTalk to the generosity of the IPS and their sponsorship. And years ago, the success of the first PalmTalk Fundraiser demonstrated to the IPS that PalmTalkers realized this and wished to directly support PalmTalk, if only given a way to do so.

That concept has now been improved upon. And we need your help to show the IPS that PalmTalk is worth their continued sponsorship. Now you have a method to show your support for PalmTalk while also supporting the conservation of a palm that has a special relationship with PalmTalk. Funds donated to this Tahina Project will not only go 100% to preserving this palm, but also show that PalmTalkers value PalmTalk and appreciate the sponsorship of the IPS. It has remained a gateway for many to find and join in with this fabulous palm community .

View some ways you can donate while also receiving some tempting "deals" on Tahina "swag" and perks on PalmTalk. HERE

READ THE EXCITING STORY ABOUT TAHINA'S DISCOVERY ON PALMTALK BELOW. 

AND READ HOW YOU CAN HELP TAHINA AND PALMTALK HERE

• Upvote 1

joe_OC

Wow...I don't know how I missed this post.  Was it for IPS members before?

PALM MOD
1 hour ago, joe_OC said:

Wow...I don't know how I missed this post.  Was it for IPS members before?

If you are talking about the story of the discovery then no. This was a post from many years ago, and would have been hard to miss if you were around. 

That's why you need to check in frequently here - no telling what you will miss. :)

• Like 1

joe_OC

Oh yeah, Tahina I knew about.  But the donation part was new to me.

Tortuga

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in such a great project.  I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned from reading all of the wonderful posts that people share.   This forum has allowed me to be more confident in trying to grow palms.   I have a bunch of seedlings now that will allow me to experience a wonderful journey with them.  I’m not much of a poster but more of a good listener. As I gain my own experiences I’ll be able to, with confidence, share more and more.  

• Upvote 2

PALM MOD
9 hours ago, joe_OC said:

Oh yeah, Tahina I knew about.  But the donation part was new to me.

Yeah Joe - this has been under development for awhile - hidden from all you guys until we were ready.

PALM MOD
5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in such a great project.  I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned from reading all of the wonderful posts that people share.   This forum has allowed me to be more confident in trying to grow palms.   I have a bunch of seedlings now that will allow me to experience a wonderful journey with them.  I’m not much of a poster but more of a good listener. As I gain my own experiences I’ll be able to, with confidence, share more and more.  

Eddie - We owe you the thank you for your generous donation. I hope you have a long fruitful relationship with the palms we all love.

Tortuga

Thanks to you and everyone who shares!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this