• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Is this normal? I noticed the oldest frond on my new Washingtonia robusta that I got from Lowes (really cheap) was dying in a weird way, it is almost like the way some diseases start in palms. But the thing is it was like this for a few weeks now, I think I am just being paranoid. Does this look normal? Maybe it was just damaged so it is dying like this? I just am hoping this doesn’t have some disease. 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I received some Chamaedorea radicalis seeds about one week ago, and have had them soaking in water since (changing water out, of course). I’m about to sow them but I noticed there is a thin looking layer of shell or something around the actual seed, should I try to peel that off or is it fine if it stays on? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I just bought my first Dypsis lutescens (clump) at a local nursery to use as a potted plant. What are some things I should know about these? How fast do these grow? I saw some big ones in the nursery that had full sized trunks. Would it be possible to separate some of the smaller ones from the edge of the clump without hurting the others? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      What are some palms with fat crownshafts (and trunks, I'm assuming)? I have seen some pictures of Rhopalostylis sapida with fat crownshafts as well as pictures of Dypsis decipiens. Are there any more palms that get large crownshafts? Any pictures? 
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      It appears that something ate the majority of my Serenoa repens seedling that I planted over the summer. Are there any animals that seem to particularly like eating palms, or is it likely that this was just a taste test?