IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palmy view out your front door

DoomsDave

Howdy all kinda gloating over equipment upgrade.

CLASS, here’s the assignment:

Stand or sit as close to your front door and take pictures of what’s there, morning, noon, evening or night. Or afternoon. And post here!

Here’s mine:

( For now!)

7A139210-2587-406A-8A36-E44B1A1A0A44.thumb.jpeg.4c2fca87a0a372660f928549143b992b.jpeg974F00AE-BCF0-4AEB-8B94-9E4EEA50719A.thumb.jpeg.eb979d37c869c22a859acc6ff0e13d41.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

DD, it's beautiful!!!!!

You have a true jungle in your yard.

:drool::greenthumb::greenthumb::greenthumb:

• Upvote 1

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

Btw, keep gloating and post more pics!

• Upvote 1

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

The tall palm center right is an Archontophoenix maxima aka “Slapsie Maxie”

Tall palm behind is a Roystonea borenquenia!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

1 minute ago, GottmitAlex said:

Btw, keep gloating and post more pics!

Show us yours!

And class a back door view works too!

• Like 1

i shall do so tomorrow, although i only have one palm out there lol

• Upvote 1

Palms - 4 S. romanzoffiana, 1 W. bifurcata, 2 W. robusta, 1 R. rivularis, 1 B. odorata, 1 B. nobilis, 2 S. palmetto, 1 A. merillii, 1 P. canariensis, 1 BxJ, 1 BxJxBxS, 1 BxS, 3 P. roebelenii, 1 H. lagenicaulis, 1 H. verschaffeltii, 9 T. fortunei, 1 C. humilis, 2 C. macrocarpa, 1 L. chinensis, 1 R. excelsa

4 minutes ago, GottmitAlex said:

DD, it's beautiful!!!!!

You have a true jungle in your yard.

:drool::greenthumb::greenthumb::greenthumb:

Who am I to disagree?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

Show us yours!

Kind sir, mine pales. 

Just now, GottmitAlex said:

Kind sir, mine pales. 

But you have coconuts?

Si?

2 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

But you have coconuts?

Si?

Jawohl.

Oh can’t help myself 

Here’s one from yesterday before I ran off to karaoke 

The light of the failing golden sun focused through a Cocothrinax dussiana leaf oh praise glory!

You think you’ve got problems? I’m in love with my new iPad!

160BBD29-6264-425D-A2EC-90C918455918.thumb.jpeg.6026f21fc76514703c723311ce226119.jpegEA7DF948-8258-4401-989E-47C6C5B16C41.thumb.jpeg.31a5e1dabd11d1630a6933a8973384f4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GottmitAlex said:

Jawohl.

Oh mein Gott

Heil Coconuts!?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

Oh can’t help myself 

Here’s one from yesterday before I ran off to karaoke 

The light of the failing golden sun focused through a Cocothrinax dussiana leaf oh praise glory!

You think you’ve got problems? I’m in love with my new iPad!

160BBD29-6264-425D-A2EC-90C918455918.thumb.jpeg.6026f21fc76514703c723311ce226119.jpegEA7DF948-8258-4401-989E-47C6C5B16C41.thumb.jpeg.31a5e1dabd11d1630a6933a8973384f4.jpeg

Just gorgeous!!!!

1 minute ago, GottmitAlex said:

Just gorgeous!!!!

Can’t disagree 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAVEinMB said:

Ignore the rope haha

20200216_205633.jpg

20200216_205706.jpg

Boo yeah!

• Like 2

I smell Archontophoenix! And other awesome palms. Mine are in the back, very small and not as much of course. 

• Like 1

PalmTreeDude

From my front door in my highland home.
Tropical exuberance.

F28270D9-D706-4077-8FD4-8F8CC9DDFAD1.thumb.jpeg.f6a9ffa36246b359bfbbce818bcc2868.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

El Oasis - beach garden, distinct wet/dry season ,year round 20-38c

Las Heliconias - jungle garden ,800m elevation,150+ inches rainfall, year round 15-28c

1 hour ago, Really full garden said:

From my front door in my highland home.
Tropical exuberance.

F28270D9-D706-4077-8FD4-8F8CC9DDFAD1.thumb.jpeg.f6a9ffa36246b359bfbbce818bcc2868.jpeg

Obscenities screamed very VERY loudly!

Dave, great view! Love the Archy trunks especially. Here’s a look through my front door windows and a couple of shots from front porch at different times of day. 

8A3D40ED-DB50-45A5-877C-1B53BBE6C179.thumb.jpeg.157ff4f95b3d651eca3d69594e92c80d.jpeg0CAF875B-74A3-4BD6-8688-F9A0303854E2.thumb.jpeg.df991d0ddfe0a0d177b7e76ca8828079.jpeg1C559F91-43DA-4C80-998D-10D0A1AC109A.thumb.jpeg.987865f242d3f16fc5a74137a44a54aa.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Upvote 4

Jim in Los Altos, CA  SF Bay Area 37.34N- 122.13W- 190' above sea level

zone 10a/9b

sunset zone 16

300+ palms, 90+ species in the ground

Las Palmas Design

Facebook Page

Las Palmas Design & Associates

Elegant Homes and Gardens

The main entryway that we use is in the back because of the location of our garage and driveway coming in from the side street in back.  So the view from the back entry onto the deck.  The "front entry" is down a walkway along the side of the house, so the view is mostly our neighbor's house from the actual "front" door.

20200218-104A5669.jpg

20200218-104A5673.jpg

• Like 7

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation

35 minutes ago, Tracy said:

The main entryway that we use is in the back because of the location of our garage and driveway coming in from the side street in back.  So the view from the back entry onto the deck.  The "front entry" is down a walkway along the side of the house, so the view is mostly our neighbor's house from the actual "front" door.

20200218-104A5669.jpg

20200218-104A5673.jpg

Pant pant pant pant pant

Licky!

• Like 2

Palm alley behind house. I think my trees are probably worth more than the 1957 mobile home that they surround. I know they cost more!

IMG_20200218_122743569[1].jpg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

@atlantisrising!

@Jim in Los Altos

@Tracy!

@greysrigging

@DAVEinMB

whoa!

thanks for your posts!

come on I know more of you have some good stuff

Okay can’t let myself be outdone too much!

@Really full gardenohh wheee

• Like 1

Sorry getting a bit giddy

Stood out the back door and turned to the right and Butch the Roystonea regia towers 

A012FCFF-477D-4D26-BACB-18D7523786F7.thumb.jpeg.42a751a07289e178cd7f9e5b3ece0cf2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Stepped out a few steps turned left and

Cocothrinax species

A7C483DD-0DC1-4BCA-A3D9-ED754BE2D8B3.thumb.jpeg.70027fdda5f1d19b74d2744807dd6c7b.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Twist height and more Archontophoenix 

84455547-4CC8-417F-9DD7-3DC2AFF17D79.thumb.jpeg.246e0074f715ac488f6da7b9eb86c926.jpeg

• Like 4

And Teddy Bears!

88B82914-77BD-4444-BA67-036BE0D38EAC.thumb.jpeg.009e5c49b047a8068bc47ba98e589173.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

wowzers! your yards all look amazing! 

I live in a pretty dense neighborhood so my front yard is pretty tiny. The view out my front door is basically clear across to my neighbor's front door.  I think that in 5 years though, the park strip will have grown in to block my view from the street altogether. Here's mi casa today (affectionately: Casa Del Mar, for the street i live on). 

20200218_173654.thumb.jpg.1de8130145de3c929a8de0ac3ab70daa.jpg

20200218_173943.thumb.jpg.e168aa0cb017f6f5205aca2536f0e3e5.jpg

20200218_173803.thumb.jpg.a3ebf1e5b3ead2b6a6930ee02b21f1fb.jpg

20200217_171200.thumb.jpg.80e6a192b4295e2bf8ad19901449e614.jpg

Edited by Josue Diaz
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2