Sign in to follow this  
PalmTreeDude

What Variety of Avacado Tree Is This?

PalmTreeDude

Does anyone know what variety of avacado tree this appears to be? I grew it from seed and I know the actual tree doesn't end up being the variety of avacado it cane from. Does it even have a specific variety, or is it kind of like a "wild" avocado since it isn't grafted? 

15818068708652266200645137619710.jpg

15818068996832642494171669102024.jpg

15818069412241200085563178151393.jpg

Silas_Sancona
7 minutes ago, PalmTreeDude said:

Does anyone know what variety of avacado tree this appears to be? I grew it from seed and I know the actual tree doesn't end up being the variety of avacado it cane from. Does it even have a specific variety, or is it kind of like a "wild" avocado since it isn't grafted? 

15818068708652266200645137619710.jpg

15818068996832642494171669102024.jpg

15818069412241200085563178151393.jpg

If you grew it from a store bought Avo. pit, it will be similar to the parent variety, which, since they're the most commonly sold, would be "Hass" or which ever is most commonly sold there.. Won't be until it Fruits and you can compare various aspects like whether or not it is an A or B type, when it flowers, and quality of the fruit before you'll know if you have a distinct variety, something average ..or a dud.

• Upvote 1

Bennz

I can't recognise avo genetics, but I will say the best tasting avocado I grow is a chance seedling. Lots of people say seedlings are always useless but I disagree.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      What is this plant? I am sure it is an easy one but I have never seen it before, it's planted at a pool. I like the looks of it. 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I grew this avacado tree seedling and put it in dirt about a month ago, which is when it sent up its first leaves. In that time it did not get a lot of sun, sometimes only 30 minutes a day of sun actually shining on it. My question is, do the seedlings usually get this tall before they really start to grow leaves, or is mine really stretched out? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      So I completely forgot about my Bald Cypress seeds left in the fridge from last fall. Just one week and two days ago I put all of the seeds (that were in the fridge) in a big community pot and did not think anything would happen. Then I left to visit family for a week. I came back and four sprouted. I heard these can sometimes take months to sprout and they have bad germination rates (which is true, I had over 50 seeds and only four came up, so far). I thought this was pretty cool. 

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      I have a couple of these Cussonia spicata growing since I liked the coarse texture of the bark for epiphyte mounting.  The one pictured has been in less than a full year now, but has really taken off (photos are 4 months apart).  The growth habit is the same as on the other one I have which is straight up with no branching.  I'm wondering at what point do they start branching?  Anyone have any experience with this species?