Sign in to follow this  
The Steve

Sabal Lisa

The Steve

I’ve been growing these up for a few years now, and I was wondering how much longer before I can start to spot the true lisas.  I’m thinking that I’ll need to pot them up to one gallons.  Thoughts?7A0AEC5C-06F6-4217-B0B1-30B2E112CB08.thumb.jpeg.c041c0b6e239506b2a114cc13e18c274.jpegD0E76FD0-DA1F-443B-8AA1-13B45492F4F4.thumb.jpeg.1527c0abbb08fe4fe1bf4e9a14013321.jpeg

Silas_Sancona
9 minutes ago, The Steve said:

I’ve been growing these up for a few years now, and I was wondering how much longer before I can start to spot the true lisas.  I’m thinking that I’ll need to pot them up to one gallons.  Thoughts?7A0AEC5C-06F6-4217-B0B1-30B2E112CB08.thumb.jpeg.c041c0b6e239506b2a114cc13e18c274.jpegD0E76FD0-DA1F-443B-8AA1-13B45492F4F4.thumb.jpeg.1527c0abbb08fe4fe1bf4e9a14013321.jpeg

Hard to say.. All mine, most still in their 1gal com pots, aren't showing convincing signs yet.. ( germinated in 2016 ) though some of the never growth on some is stiffer than others. Potted some others into 3 gals last summer and signs they all might be legit Lisas is a bit more convincing (new fronds are pretty stiff compared to older fronds ).. Regardless, thinking it will be another year or two before i'll know for sure though, ..or is my guess based on how my oldest looked when i bought it.  Like you, i need to get the rest of mine separated and into individual pots.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have 10 extra Serenoa repens Super Silver seedlings for sale. They are approx. two years old and I germinated them from seeds I got from Christian Faulkner. As this palm is very slow growing after taking months to germinate, you have a chance to bypass several years of waiting to grow one from seed. Silver saw palmettos germinate green and take on their silver-blue coloring as they grow. Info from Palmpedia below:
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Serenoa_repens
      This SE U.S. native palm is quite coldhardy: down to zone 8. Once considered a noxious weed in its native territory, it is now valued as a desirable component of the ecosystem and a decorative urban asset. 
      Serenoa repens Super Silver: $10.00 each
      Shipping = $10.00 for one plant. Additional plants by quote - ask me.   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI.
      Payment via Paypal.
      PM me if you are interested.
      Photos

• ky_palm064
      By ky_palm064
      Here are some pics of my volunteers. They're under 3 older parents, on a south-facing wall of an unheated garage. Starting about 5 years ago, I've seen more each year. They were under leaf mulch, but  for the past 3 years they've been exposed.

• Dimovi
      By Dimovi
      Here are some Sabals with massive crowns. They are at the University of Texas at Austin campus.
      Wanna guess what kind they are?

• Brad Mondel
      By Brad Mondel
      After all of these years I finally got to buy a house with over half an acre and now almost all of the palms are planted.
      I am in zone 8a South Carolina above the fall line!
      It is a work in progress so don't judge.

• Dimovi
      By Dimovi
      I have some seeds from a Texas Sabal for free or if you want to trade for other cold hardy seeds for 8b.
      I also have some pure filifera and dactylifera seeds.