IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Zamia lucayana & Z angustifolia seeds

NatureGirl

I was finally able to pollinate some of my Zamia lucayana last year. You don’t see this one offered very often, my male plants are so much smaller than my females so I’ve had a hard time collecting pollen. I only have 1 ripe cone now, and only 25 seed available, hopefully more coming. Super stiff leaves, endangered in Bahamas. $1.50  each. Also have 15 Zamia angustifolia seeds available, hand pollinated also from my own plants. $1.50 each. Photos of Z lucayana. Beachpalms@cfl.rr.com

775BA261-FB60-4D3F-A1F9-7960E521214F.jpeg

07499B79-CFBF-45D0-AB7B-EC2DEA71A4D0.jpeg

FE159A80-D9A2-4F58-855C-061B3FE298DF.jpeg

CC4943C5-8D54-4138-A3D8-0BB99E3FA40B.jpeg

8BCFF352-5496-4F25-B188-9171DD9B9AEA.jpeg

• Like 1

Warrior Palm Princess, Satellite Beach, Florida

I guess I over estimated the value of these Zamia seeds. $1 each or make offer for all. I don’t wanna sprout all of them. (Hand pollinated for purity)
Beachpalms@cfl.rr.com

Sold.

I should have at least one more cone of lucayana as soon as they drop.  I will also have hand pollinated Zamia inermis, usually ripe by March? @ $1 each.

• 2 weeks later...

1 Cone (out of 3) of Zamia inermis Seeds now available $1 each. Also about 20 more Zamia lucayana and 30 Zamia angustifolia (the last of them) available. All hand pollinated and $1 each plus shipping.

Beachpalms@cfl.rr.com

1st cone of Z. inermis sold, should have more soon as other two cones drop/fall apart.