Sign in to follow this  
Valhallalla

Contact IPS Bookstore?

Valhallalla

Is there any way to contact a live person at the IPS bookstore? There are several books I would like to purchase but the shipping is ridiculous. I have selected six books with a total price of $139.45. After I enter my location info (Florida) it calculates the shipping to be $88.00. $88.00!?! Holy smokes, that is almost $15 per book! The only shipping option is USPS Priority Mail. Assuming each book weighs two pounds (seriously, they don't weigh close to that much) I could still ship the entire bunch for less than $10 total by using USPS Media Mail. USPS knows that books (and other media) are heavy and they have Media Mail Rate just for that reason.

It is totally unnecessary to ship these via Priority Mail. They are not needed in a hurry and insurance (if needed) could be purchased separately for a buck or two. Even if Priority was desired this shipping rate is still very high. There is just no way that a typical book should cost $15 to ship within the USA even using Priority Mail.

I have searched around the IPS website looking for contact info. The only thing I have found is phone and email info for somebody regarding membership issues. They are with the outside company that handles those tasks for IPS. I really don't think they will have anything to do with the bookstore though I could be wrong. I might have been able to ask them but they never bothered to return my call when I had (and still have) some questions about my membership.

So, is there any way to contact somebody at the IPS bookstore? There must be some human who runs things there and who decided to mail books using Priority mail. It's really not even the total price that is a problem for me. Several of the books are a discounted price. But I would much rather pay full price for the books, which would benefit IPS, and not turn over as much money to USPS for a shipping method that is just not needed.

• Like 1

PALM MOD

If nobody answers you in a day or two,  remind me about this and I'll try and track down the correct information for you.