IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Foxtail palm in zone 7a Ontario

Rickybobby

My baby has been at my dads in zone 7a. Cold zone 7a for the winter where it has room to grow very tall and get a lot of light. It’s doing very well today is 12c very warm for January. With climate change it has gotten warmer and warmer every year. I sold my snowmobile this year due to this.  Crazy for Canada. Here is a few pics of it outside and a video I made about the area 

CEA39598-B8FF-4A57-B6FF-3D9073D50343.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Brilliant video, as always, Rob.  Your enthusiasm is infectious mate, I'll have to have a crack at a video at some stage. It's fascinating to see the the differences in the areas and country's where we all grow these things.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sandgroper said:

Brilliant video, as always, Rob.  Your enthusiasm is infectious mate, I'll have to have a crack at a video at some stage. It's fascinating to see the the differences in the areas and country's where we all grow these things.

Thanks Dave. Appreciate it 

• Like 2

It was 70 F yesterday and today in NJ/Zone 7a (used to be a "cold" Zone 7A, now a much warmer/southern Zone 7A). We had a barbecue today and sat out on the rear, shaded deck in our shorts.  There was a 50 degree F. temperature difference today between us (at 70 F) and Montreal (at 20 F.);, that is insane, even for Winter. Camellias are starting to bloom about two months too early.

Edited by oasis371
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, oasis371 said:

It was 70 F yesterday and today in NJ/Zone 7a (used to be a "cold" Zone 7A, now a much warmer/southern Zone 7A). We had a barbecue today and sat out on the rear, shaded deck in our shorts.  There was a 50 degree F. temperature difference today between us (at 70 F) and Montreal (at 20 F.);, that is insane, even for Winter. Camellias are starting to bloom about two months too early.

I always recalled having random warm days in the winter, but not this many and not for weeks at a time. After a few more days here in the mid 60s we're suppose to get colder. 

• Like 1

PalmTreeDude

My Japanese fan palm.

Yeah, getting colder up here too in the forecast. 

Besides the warmth, the thing that I notice even more is how many more sunny days we are having. Winter used to be not only COLDER but much CLOUDIER.

I could have sat on back today and gotten a tan at 40 North latitude here in NJ in January. Incredible!

IMG_1195.jpg

Edited by oasis371

• 3 months later...