IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

JubaeaMan183

necturus

Hello,

Chris (JubaeaMan183) offered to sell me a nice looking Attalea cohune before the holidays. We corresponded by PM and text. I sent him money via paypayl, and he told me he would ship it  the week after Christmas. I have not received it nor heard back from him since that time despite several text messages. It looks like he has not logged on here since December 26th. Does anyone know if he is okay? 

Thanks, Daniel

• 8 months later...

Well, about time for an update. You might have noticed that JubaeaMan183 (Chris Mestas) is posting on here again.  I sent him a message when he first started logging in again. He never responded and is no longer accepting PMs. At this point, I consider him a scammer. Buyer beware.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 3:52 PM, necturus said:

Well, about time for an update. You might have noticed that JubaeaMan183 (Chris Mestas) is posting on here again.  I sent him a message when he first started logging in again. He never responded and is no longer accepting PMs. At this point, I consider him a scammer. Buyer beware.

Any updates?

sorry to hear this Daniel. That is defiantly not cool that Chris would stiff you like that.

• Like 1

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 4:33 AM, necturus said:

Nope! Don't expect there will be one. Bet he'll change usernames.

Any updates on this? Did you get your money back?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, necturus said:

Just bumping this, since Chris is active on here and probably looking to steal money from some other sucker.

To date, he has never contacted you to resolve the issue?

4 hours ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

To date, he has never contacted you to resolve the issue?

Nope. He blocked me from messaging him on here and stopped responding to texts.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately,I have to add another negative rating to this sellers profile. He might be ok as a business if you can visit him and settle deals in person,but I have found him to be  unreliable to deal with over the internet. He starts out very interested in asking if you would sell certain plants or seeds,has you take multiple pictures,agrees on a price,then eventually backs out after you've already done the requested work of cleaning seeds or holding plant material for him.In the end,it just adds up to a lot of wasted time... Best to just avoid contact with this individual,and save yourself the headaches.

This palm community is a small, closely knit bunch of people.When you don't live up to your promises with multiple members,the word does spread quickly,and the problem usually ends up fading away. A good reputation is hard earned,while a bad reputation is hard to shake.

• Like 2

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

This is really disturbing to hear about this from an active member of PT. I had almost made a deal with @JubaeaMan138 for the same Attalea Cohune Daniel got ripped off for. Maybe Chris can finally make right , but doesn't seem so.

T J 

• Like 1

T J 

• 8 months later...

For whatever it's worth I have bought from this guy and have no complaints.  Prompt shipping, well packaged, good communication.  Don't know anything about him personally except that he seems friendly enough.  I'd gladly do it again.