IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

D' Jungle Jan 2020

redant

My backyard jungle.  Video quality from an iPhone 8 pretty much stinks and adding extra music past the first song seems nearly impossible on youtube, so find some music you like while watching lol. Any questions about any palms just mark the time and ask. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

Beautiful garden and collection, thanks for sharing the video! Love the Rainbow eucalyptus. 

• Like 1

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

Wow, you have your own personal palm forest. So beautiful!  It’s my dream to have one as well. 

• Like 1

Thought I had tuned into the BBC and was watching a documentary on some Tropical jungle somewhere in the south pacific.   I thought I heard David Attenborough narrating too!  Wow!

That is some kind of Paradise you have there.    Salute to you redant!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palmaceae said:

Beautiful garden and collection, thanks for sharing the video! Love the Rainbow eucalyptus. 

This was when it was in full color. It varies greatly at different times of the year.  

• Like 4

Jupiter FL

Just now, jimmyt said:

Thought I had tuned into the BBC and was watching a documentary on some Tropical jungle somewhere in the south pacific.   I thought I heard David Attenborough narrating too!  Wow!

That is some kind of Paradise you have there.    Salute to you redant!

I really need a decent cam.  Could do so much better.

Jupiter FL

A very nice slice of paradise!  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

1 hour ago, redant said:

This was when it was in full color. It varies greatly at different times of the year.  

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing that video also, how old is the Rainbow?

• Like 1

Beautiful!!! How large is this property?

Rick Leitner

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

26.07N/80.15W

Zone 10B

Average Annual Low 67 F

Average Annual High 84 F

Average Annual Rainfall 62"

Riverfront exposure, 1 mile from Atlantic Ocean

Part time in the western mountains of North Carolina

Gratefully, the best of both worlds!

2 hours ago, Palmaceae said:

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing that video also, how old is the Rainbow?

About 10 or 11 years old. Super fast grower, was the size of a pencil when I got it on Ebay. 

Jupiter FL

31 minutes ago, TikiRick said:

Beautiful!!! How large is this property?

Total property is about 2.5 acres, a bit of that is submerged lands. The front is the more manicured look, the back a total jungle. My neighbor calls me Tarzan lol.

Edited by redant
  • Like 1

Jupiter FL

46 minutes ago, redant said:

About 10 or 11 years old. Super fast grower, was the size of a pencil when I got it on Ebay. 

I have had a couple in my yard in Cape Coral when I lived there, they were about half the size of yours, and yes they are fast! Just planted a small one here in my garden in St. Pete.

• Like 1

Gorgeous as always!  I probably asked this on your last video too, but what are the two big palms around 9:50-10:10?  I think you said one was a Beccariophoenix Alfredii and the other a Fenestralis?

Also, I didn't see the whole thing, but it looked like the trunk of an Arenga Pinnata at 3:33?  How old is that one?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merlyn2220 said:

Gorgeous as always!  I probably asked this on your last video too, but what are the two big palms around 9:50-10:10?  I think you said one was a Beccariophoenix Alfredii and the other a Fenestralis?

Also, I didn't see the whole thing, but it looked like the trunk of an Arenga Pinnata at 3:33?  How old is that one?

Good eye on the Arenga Pinnata, that's about 12 or 13 years old.  Pretty slow for me but that's fine, have plenty of monsters already.  9:50-10:10 are both Fenestralis, have 3 more too, love these Jurassic looking palms. They are a bit sun starved like everything in the jungle.  

• Like 1

Jupiter FL

8 hours ago, The Gerg said:

That’s awesome. I think I saw a velociraptor at one point in the video. 

That would go well back there and keep the wildlife in check. We do get alligators in the back waters, I'm fenced so they don't come strolling in to munch on my dogs.

Jupiter FL