IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Seeds Wanted In Large Quantities!

SWFLchris

Hello everyone,

I am currently in search of some seeds of (and will buy a whole lot of)-

Beccariophoenix alfredii (haha)

Licuala peltata sumawongii

Dypsis cabadae (should be easy)

Copernicia fallaensis

Carpoxylon (will buy any & all)

Ptychosperma macarthurii (also easy)

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, colin Peters said:

did you find macarthur seed.?? 

Nope, never found, cant find a seeding specimen. will buy a couple thousand if the price is right

I have some at a clients here, will check for you. I usually throw them away by the thousand

2 hours ago, SWFLchris said:

Nope, never found, cant find a seeding specimen. will buy a couple thousand if the price is right

Absolutely weedy wretched things in my yard..... I mow them as if they are lawn.....it's a toss up between MacArthur's and Carpentarias as to which species is more of a pest. At least I can reach the MacArthurs to break off the flower bracts before they set seed. The Carpentaria seeds are 35'in the air.... ( sigh )

• Like 1

I have Carpoxylon set on two trees, should yield about 150 seeds I'm guessing. Not ripe yet. Also have what I believe to be Macarthurii that was bought as a waitianum, so I think it could be bastardized. For that reason I've never allowed it to set seed. I'll pm my phone number so call to discuss collection, I may be back in Ohio when these carpoxylons are ready.

Also have some Dypsis lanceolata and leptocheilos ready soon and a ton of Satakentia set now and Drymophleous litigiosus may be ready in about a week. And Crysophila stauracantha and albida set.

And my neighbor has Ptychosperma elegans fully ripe full rack, probably 3000+ seeds that I can get for you no cost on those. Oh he also has ripe Adonidia.

2 hours ago, atlantisrising said:

I have Carpoxylon set on two trees, should yield about 150 seeds

Would love to see pics of your Carpoxylon :) 

Jon Sunder

Ok, here's some eye candy for you. I actually have three of them, two with seed, my best and fattest one hasn't fruited yet.

The first one. It has some seed hidden behind the lutescens.

IMG_20200205_090547502[1].jpg

• Like 4

On 2/5/2020 at 7:23 AM, atlantisrising said:

The second one.

IMG_20200205_090521100[1].jpg

IMG_20200205_090758891_HDR[1].jpg

Yep, thats it.. lol, putting a couple on the "determined to grow list" once back in CA. I really should stop staring, don't want to make any Foxy Ladies jealous:rolleyes: Really nice specimens :greenthumb:

What I would do to be able to grow a Carpoxlyn in the ground , something like giving up my left .... yeah not going there haha

Nice specimens :greenthumb:

T J