• Similar Content

• teddytn
      By teddytn
      Walking around the yard weeding and watering and thought I would share some of what I have growing. Needle palms, sabal minor mccurtain, sabal minor, sabal Birmingham, various opuntias, yucca rostratas. 

• donofriojim1
      By donofriojim1
      Here is a small update on some of my palms that I have been growing here in Cincinnati ( zone 6b) WITHOUT any protection whatsoever. Unlike parts of Texas that saw below zero temperatures, We in Cincinnati experienced a low of 3 degrees Fahrenheit.  These are just some of my palms as of yesterday now that the thaw has begun. The large needle palm was a palm that I salvaged from a restaurant along the Ohio river just outside of downtown Cincinnati last September that had been growing in a median in the parking lot totally unprotected and fully exposed to the elements since 2009. I will be posting more updates on my other palms and exotica later.

• Palm Man
      By Palm Man
      I planted this palmetto as a seedling about 1979-80 at my parents home in Mocksville, NC in USDA Zone 7b. It has never been protected nor fertilized. It survived the severe freezes in the mid 1908s, but the bud was still underground at that time. The first photo is the palmetto in May, 2018, after the severe winter of 2017-18 in which there were approximately 8 days in which the temperature never exceeded 32F. I'm not sure what the absolute lows were but they were probably in the mid to upper single digits. The fronds were burnt, but not the petioles nor the bud, both of which which remained mostly green. It does have a southwestern exposure with a light, deciduous canopy above. The soil is loam clay typical of piedmont NC. The second photo was taken on December 21, 2020. It has taken better than 2 years to fully recover.

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For sale is the total crop of seeds of an unknown dwarf Sabal minor. I germinated this palm around 2008 from a seed sent to me by a PTer I can no longer recall. Where he got it I don't know but he sent it to me as Sabal etonia. I learned years later it is actually S. minor. That makes sense to me because actual Sabal etonias never survived for me. I planted it in my Caribbean Garden in 2009. During the 12 years I have had it, it has grown painfully slowly to its current size of 2' tall x 3-4' wide. I has flowered for years but produces crops of sometimes fewer than 100 seeds. This year's seed output is <200 seeds. It is a compact grower and should be cold hardy as any other Sabal minor.
      180+ Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds = $15.00  ONE LOT ONLY
      Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $20.00
      Payment via Paypal
      Photos
      Sabal minor unknown dwarf

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For Sale: 60+ Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf seeds ONE LOT ONLY
       I got this uber dwarf Sabal minor from Plant Delights Nursery some years back. See links below for info.
      https://www.plantdelights.com/products/sabal-minor-blountstown-dwarf
      This is the last of the 2020 crop of seeds from my mother palms.
      60+ Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf seeds = $12.00
      Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $17.00
      Payment via Paypal
      Photos
      Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf