buffy

Patric Schafer

buffy

Doesn't seem like he's answering emails right now. Anybody know what's up? He usually answers within a week or two. I have a few emails unanswered for over a month. 

RJ
10 minutes ago, buffy said:

Doesn't seem like he's answering emails right now. Anybody know what's up? He usually answers within a week or two. I have a few emails unanswered for over a month. 

I touched base with him for an order mid summer and he was prompts at replying. Perhaps he taking a few months off as I imagine this is probably a pretty slow time for palms. (although he is into other plant material as well). As always patients is key with Patric. 

OC2Texaspalmlvr

Well that kinda goes with the whole there is no better time then the present, if you get in touch with him. Pull the trigger buy the palms haha I failed to do so and i have none of his hybrids haha 

Steve in Florida

He's unprofessional and unreliable.  I tried to place a large order with him several years ago.  During 2 1/2 months of back and forth he was constantly changing the sizes,  numbers,  and prices on the palms that I had ordered.    When I finally thought he had finalized the order I asked for a total with shipping.  I never heard back from him!  I even sent him an e-mail asking about his health and why no reply.   Very unpleasant experience to put it politely!

Ben in Norcal

Whoa guys...slow your roll.  Patric is a hobbiest that is nice enough to spread some of his incredible creations around, when he has the time to do so.  Let's first check the e-mail you are using, as he has changed it.  He always responds to me within 24 hours, and I see him regularly as he is using my yard to hybridize...but he is all over the place doing what he does, so please be patient and know he is not a professional seller or running a business.  He has a life outside of palms.  Moderate expectations accordingly.

Patric is one of the lions of our hobby, and many of my hybrids simply wouldn't exist without him.  There are yards full of palms that wouldn't be without him.  But you should know he's simply one of us and not trying to run a business.  Consider yourself lucky if you get some of his creations.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Josue Diaz

I agree w Ben 100%, i have nothing but admiration for his work. Patrick is not a store front,  he's not advertising or using this site to push sales. Simply, he's a hobbyist who sells some of his plants. If he chooses not to sell his plants, that is his decision to make. 

• Like 2

buffy
On 12/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, Ben in Norcal said:

Whoa guys...slow your roll.  Let's first check the e-mail you are using, as he has changed it.  

Let me send you what I'm using to see if that's the problem.

• Like 1

OC2Texaspalmlvr

I finally pulled the trigger on the world famous Patric hybrids. I am super stoked on what I got. He sent the palms in there containers so no pressure to repot right away. His shipping technique was text book. I feel honored to finally have some of these hybrids B) 

• Upvote 1

jimmyt

@OC2Texaspalmlvr are you gonna plant them babies soon?? :D   I am! 

DoomsDave

Oh, hail Mary, expletive Patric's plants rock the house, I've got some of his ten year old hybrids, do try to get some.

Have a nice cushion handy for his now-monstrous Jubuteagrus from something other than a B. capitata. Have mercy.

OC2Texaspalmlvr
10 hours ago, jimmyt said:

@OC2Texaspalmlvr are you gonna plant them babies soon?? :D   I am! 

Unfortunately they won't be going into the ground anytime soon =/ once I find my forever home , then yes !! BxPJT went from 4x9 to a 7g upon arrival =) 

20200507_170953.jpg

• Like 2

necturus

I have given Patric a lot of my money, and with good reason! My hybrids are mostly still small, but I foresee a nice pay off in the future.

Purchasing from him is like a nice throwback to a different time. It's almost like arranging for a purchase by mail. Sometimes you don't hear back for a while, and sometimes he initially says he's out of stock but then finds one hidden away somewhere. Have some patience and appreciate him, he's a real gem that this community is lucky to have.

• Like 3

Darold Petty

Money can never fully compensate Patric for his tireless efforts and myriad hours of work to develop these palms.   :greenthumb:

• Like 3

jimmyt

I am in the choir right behind you signing praises to Patrick and his palms!  :lol:

8B palms

TJ, that is spectacular, can't get over the size of that palm right out the gate, well worth the the investment, promises to be a truly stunning palm, you'll have to keep us updates on its progress.

palmsrgreat

I've been purchasing palms from Patric for over 15 years, late 2004, early 2005 I believe was my first of many orders. One of the first few palms I received was from him was a couple of yatay mules. One of which made its way famously into @_Keith 's garden. His creations and abilities are unprecendented; not to mention he sets the gold standard for quality and packaging.  We are more than lucky to have him in our community and I will continue ordering from him multiple times per year for as long as I'm able.

Michael

• Like 1

OC2Texaspalmlvr

Update on my BxPJT this things is growing like crazy. Already growing roots out the bottom =/ I had no intentions of potting up for awhile o well. Its now taller then my S.Causiarum. I had gathered all my potted palms under my awning just for precautions for TS Beta 

20200920_150739.jpg

• Like 1