• Similar Content

• kinzyjr
      By kinzyjr
      This post is from a local park that includes a walking path, some tennis courts and a playground for the youngsters.  It includes some marginal palm plantings, cycads and creative landscaping that takes full advantage of the steep hills in the area.
      The playground entrance:

Some of the experimental palm plantings, including a Licuala, Coccothrinax crinita and a few other local favorites like Dypsis decaryi:

Walking up the hill around the outside of the park, you can get some sense for the natural grade of the land and a nice view of the cycads on the border:

Palm companions like crotons and bromeliads are represented as well and add color:

• Oviedo_z10b_lol
      By Oviedo_z10b_lol
      Home Depot was having a sale on 3gal c. Nucifera so I bought one. I plan on keeping it in a large planter through this winter until I plant it out in the spring. 

any advice on soil type for the planter?

originally I potted it in about 50/50 native soil (central florida sand) and top soil.  But it seems to hold moisture more than ideal. 

perhaps mix in some play sand? Or miracle grow tropical soil mix? 

thanks in advance 
    • Palmarum
      By Palmarum
      Tropiflora's 19th Annual Fall Festival
      Nursery Open House & Sale - Sarasota, Florida
      Link to Topic: https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/61600-the-ganza-heads-north-–-vendor-at-tropiflora’s-fall-festival-–-october-25th-26th-27th-–-2019/
      3530 Tallevast Road, Sarasota, FL 34243
      Friday, October 25th, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
      Saturday, October 26th, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
      Sunday, October 27th, 10:AM - 3:00PM
      For more information, check out the link above to the sale topic, or visit Tropiflora's website: https://tropiflora.com/

Ryan
    • Oviedo_z10b_lol
      By Oviedo_z10b_lol
      New guy here.
      Do any of my fellow central Floridians have any suggestions for good palm tree nurseries in and around Orlando? Somewhere with a solid selection and perhaps some rare or z10 palms. 
      Lukas Nursery is nice, albeit a bit overpriced. Apparently MB Palms is the go-to? 
      (Selfishly, the primary reason I ask... I’m looking for decent sized A. Cunninghamiana, B. Alfredi, and A. Engleri) BUT, I’m always keeping an eye out for new places to waste an afternoon and a few bucks. 
      Thanks in advance.