• Similar Content

• palmtreesforpleasure
      By palmtreesforpleasure
      What species is this palm leaf from and who is this strange person i ran into
      regards
      Colin

• Dadamanga
      By Dadamanga
      Serious question. We have some post-covid (although it’s not really “post” yet is it?) funding from the government of Madagascar and the World Bank through a program called Mandrisika, to analyse our existing products (we are a travel company based here in Madagascar) and to develop some new products. 
      We’ve done plenty of tours with palm lovers but not really a specific “palms” tour where checking species off a bucket-list of must-sees was the goal. And, very few people have more than 2 or 3 weeks, so, a palm-hunting tour always has to be narrowed down and prioritised, you can’t see it all in the time most people have. Another thing that we know is that most folks underestimate the size of Madagascar and the complexity of getting to some locations and therefore overestimate what can be achieved in the time available. 

So my question is, if you were coming to Madagascar and you knew you couldn’t see all the palm hot spots here but had to pick some key locations or key species that you simply had to see, what would be your choices? Either must-see species or must-see locations… Thanks in advance to all who reply it’ll be really helpful to us and might mean we can have some off-the-shelf palm tours on our website next year. 

If you have already been here, it would also be useful to hear about tours that you have done in Madagascar, where you went, what you liked, and what you didn’t like. 

Thanks very much. Moderator, if soliciting information like this is not allowed, thanks to kindly delete my post. 

• Dadamanga
      By Dadamanga
      Sometimes I need to visit staff and projects in the bush or take clients, I always try to visit palms when I’m there. I’ll publish once in a while some photos from a visit around the area where I live. This is a visit to Beccariophoenix in Sainte Luce. 

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      This true-from-seed mutation of the normally common Golden Cane Palm came to the attention of PalmTalk during the 2016 Biennial in Thailand where this mutation originated. I bought 10 seeds from RPS the following year or so and currently have four extra seedlings that need new homes. These seedlings were agonizingly slow growing compared to the standard golden cane and these are four years old. They do germinate true from seed as RPS claims so maybe in the future this Fused Leaf Form will become more easily available. See info below:
      https://www.rarepalmseeds.com/dypsis-lutescens-fused-leaf
      Dypsis lutescens Fused Leaf Form: $20.00 each (4 available)
            OR
      Take all four seedlings @ $75.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $12.00   via Priority Mail          No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Tell me how many seedlings you want and I will respond with a quote. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have found four more palms of an unknown species of Veitchia I grew from seeds I received from Australia in 2019. The Seller sold them to me as coming from an unknown Ptychosperma but consensus on PT is that they are actually Veitchias. All Veitchias are solitary palms as you can read below:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veitchia
      The palms are as follows:
      1.5g x2: Both are going pinnate. Cost = $12.00 each
      1g x1: Bifid leaves. Cost = $9.00
      6" pot x1: Bifid leaves. Cost = $5.00
            OR Take all 4 for $30.00
      Shipping = $15.00 outside of FL, $12.00 within FL
      Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil. No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Tell me how which palms you wish to purchase and give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos