IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

4 sale -Dypsis, New Cal, other palms La Habra

DoomsDave

Howdy y'all.

My birthday is coming up or passed, and the upshot is . . .

Another year and a lot more palms.

The weather's great, no holidays to worry about, so maybe visit and buy a few plants?

Highlights include:

Dypsis lafamazanga, sp. Mayotte Island, psammophila, basilonga, letptocheilos, many in 2 - 5 gallon sizes.

Brahea decumbens and dulcis in 5 gallons and larger

Burretiokentia veillardii in a variety of sizes.

And many more.

Shoot me a PM with Palm Sale in the subject line, or call or text me at 323-481-5071.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Those lafamazangas are turning out to be a great palm. A 4" in the ground planted last year is already about 3' tall.

Very nice!

• Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Here’s the lafamazanga I planted recently 

it has about tripled in size to about three feet tall

A8E90C0E-80C9-4400-9A3F-84CFD4F02098.jpeg

• Like 1

Dypsis lafamazanga, 50+, 2 gallons $25, 3 gallons $45

15 5 gallon Archontophoenix tuckeri $25 each

309A490A-650A-4A67-A2B0-479EF2F57258.thumb.jpeg.3cec0c0d26d03406231cb45fe135ae0a.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Dypsis lafamazanga, 50+, 2 gallons $25, 3 gallons $45

Dave's lafazamanga are big.  

• Upvote 1

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

Speaking of big

here is a Pritchardtia in a 15 gallon and it wants out! NOW!

$50 or best offer.

(Shoe not included)

1544AD39-07A6-4D55-8188-86AEDB10409B.thumb.jpeg.f38472821d6cc24ee41f3ba7654a8b0f.jpeg

Dypsis sp Mayotte Island 2 gal $25; 3 gal $45

about five of each

At least two pink plumerias 

$30 each 

24BBD4A1-DB11-421D-87A7-B27F1FEFF99C.thumb.jpeg.b0d7a36d7de078b056fa56b05aed2787.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

Unloading the DD garden it seems!

Making room 

One of the plumerias got sold already 

here’s the other 

A30CA6F1-ED77-4627-8F2D-7F12C1C0AB38.thumb.jpeg.dea2b66cdce116b991ba61d1d96760f2.jpeg

Come and see

4ECDC457-5289-40DF-A3F4-F379EF8A639E.thumb.jpeg.8159f1a8ac58b4d75f3499e913da4347.jpeg

• Like 2

Kentiopsis pyriformis 5 gallon two 

$60 each

shoe not included 

09768272-7FF9-44A0-98A8-7C26E77B80CE.thumb.jpeg.aa420852ff18632ae166d35f4772876e.jpeg

Lots of Chambeyronia hookeri gallons 20+

20 each; the ones that don’t sell will get shifted up to larger pots 

E45679A8-7202-41A1-A65E-A301C155DC3D.thumb.jpeg.51232b7fc05a2e44f14c811105c49088.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Chris Chance said:

Awesome stuff for sale Dave! Looks like you are starting a nursery business. 

Actually, I’m trying to clear out some 

2 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

Actually, I’m trying to clear out some 

Well that's a good problem.  I'm sure you will clear space in no time. Don't know if I can make it out there to help. Most species probably wouldn't like this area and I'm also trying to clear my greenhouse. 

I have lots of Braheas and hardy stuff too

if you’re looking for something ask

i might have it

nutty pack rats 

And

Beccariophoenix alfredii 

Five 15 gallons at $80 each

0E99697D-BCE1-4422-AC04-121C66E26CA2.thumb.jpeg.76334b49025e45de015e13e78eeff26f.jpeg

• Like 1

I have heard of Shoeless Joe Jackson but never Shoeless DoomsDave.

Man, you have tons of nice palms.   Wish I could take some off your hands (or feet).  :floor:

jimmyt

• Like 1

I have more common stuff too

Here’s a big Dypsis decaryi for $50 or best offer

41C9BFA7-0271-4963-AF2E-497436FCD11E.thumb.jpeg.30b2a3ce795219770e1681649f35efbb.jpeg

Come visit

On 10/19/2019 at 3:46 AM, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Not sure how everyone in SoCal hasnt made it up to place to snatch up all these palms :drool:

There’s only so much you can stuff in the van, even in two trips! Great stuff here!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, branislav said:

There’s only so much you can stuff in the van, even in two trips! Great stuff here!

Lucky you :drool: hope you picked up a B.Alfredii and a C.Hookeri atleast !!! 

• Like 1

T J 

Thanks to @branislav and all the others who have come so far! :greenthumb:

But it’s hardly made a dent; TONS of plants still remaining, including some nice fat Brahea decumbens for $70 for a 7 gallon or $50 each for 3 5 gallons 

Among many others including lots of nice Dypsis lafamazanga 2 and 3 gallons for $25 and $45 respectively 

I’ve sold a lot but still have a lot more left to sell

so the sale continues 

still have about 10 Dypsis lafamazanga 2 gallons for $25 as well as at least six of same in 3 gallons for $45

and so much more 

those of you who’ve already visited are welcome to visit again 

The 15 gallon Pritchardia has been sold.

Plenty of Dypsis lafamazanga left yet

These are three gallons 

AD227E84-82AF-447E-A3F4-6D259A253EF7.thumb.jpeg.deef58b63f89c984b2fabf6944958d5f.jpeg

There's also some nifty 2-gal Rhopie cheesmanii for $30, these are so fat and lush it's obscene. (And catch a gander at the plant in the ground!)

1 hour ago, Nolannorthbay said:

So obscene you can’t actually show us?? :-D

Well, shoo the little ones out of the room . . . . :evil:

7 hours ago, Nolannorthbay said:

So obscene you can’t actually show us?? :-D

Here’s one

2 gal $30

7F46F333-9575-405A-B62D-15D1FB8EB4C2.thumb.jpeg.19b64e6a1ddac952d355d930f63cbab3.jpeg6B9A3A1B-C141-4A05-A320-90264B128CF4.thumb.jpeg.d159efc57b5bf0c1b174163d9c74ce6f.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nolannorthbay said:

Ooolala!! Lush indeed!!

Hope no little ones were corrupted 

Still have a lot left

though almost out of Beccariophoenix alfredii 15 gallons 

Not much info about Dypsis lafamazanga.  Would be curious to see how hardy it is. Would it be comparable to lutescens?