Sign in to follow this  
Palmarum

The 'Ganza Heads North! – Vendor at Tropiflora’s Fall Festival – October 25th, 26th, & 27th – 2019

Palmarum

The Extravaganza is heading North!

First east in Southwest Ranches, then south to Key West, then west to Naples & Ft. Myers and now north to Sarasota -- Searle Brothers Nursery, Inc. & The Rainforest Collection® will be attending Tropiflora's 19th Annual Fall Festival. This will be our first appearance at Tropiflora's famous Open House and Sale event. It is only ten days away so it is coming fast. The majority of our plant selection will be Palms (of course) but we are also looking into other plant groups to see what we shall bring. The selection will be similar to what was available at the recent Extravaganza, but with different plants as we are limited to certain botanical groups of which we can bring.

We will be able to bring Pre-Orders and offer advance sales to customers who wish us to bring specific plants up to the sale. These orders are still limited to Palms and the other botanical groups we are limited to. We are still ironing out which botanical groups we can bring (as the possibilities are vast and I can get real technical as to which plants are part of which families). If you have any such Palm or plant desires that we may be able to satiate for your pleasure, please contact Jeff Searle directly with the methods below:

Jeff Searle

email: palms@rainforestcollection.com

phone: (954) 658-4317

Time is rather short and the plant supply is limited, so if you have any possible ideas, fire them off as soon as you think of them. If you cannot get through using the methods above, you can send me a PM through the Forum, send me an email (palmthetree@yahoo.com) or post it here. Attending the Festival is a new experience for us and if you have any recommendations of what Palms or plants may be popular at the sale or in the Sarasota area, please post them here. Any info regarding directions or local knowledge of what goes on with traffic or roads to avoid, roads to take, rush hour info, local plant world info, etc. post them as well. I am sure others would benefit from the added intel. If you think of anything I, Jeff, or anyone should know about the sale, especially something a first-time attendee should know, please post it.

Tropiflora's Fall Festival

3530 Tallevast Rd, Sarasota, FL 34243

Friday, Oct. 25th - 8:00AM to 5:00PM

Saturday, Oct. 26th - 8:00AM to 5:00PM

Sunday, Oct. 27th - 10:00AM to 3:00PM

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

I forgot to add one of Tropiflora's flyers.

181987395_TropifloraFallFestivalcardF19.thumb.jpg.fbfcb3c2f5547b4af171e95126409913.jpg

The discount mentioned above is for Tropiflora's purchases only.

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- We are Sarasota bound. Today was spent loading and packing plants into the truck and the large white trailer. Packing was the operative word. The entrance to the shadehouse became a marshaling area for the non-palm, odd and end plants. We were still going back and forth deciding on what to bring, how many, what size, etc. 

DSC_0723.thumb.JPG.f272079fb1a58cd07b7c7189e2735142.JPGDSC_0724.thumb.JPG.b83736e79f955b4f8258667f893a61a9.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- Time for the Palms... mostly the gallons and smaller-sized plants. This was one trailer full of species ranging across the alphabet representing the family and many genera. They were on their way via the side door of the trailer.

DSC_0725.thumb.JPG.fb5b17c73082cd1cc08a002a368124bf.JPGDSC_0726.thumb.JPG.e7ce87e377c3c933ff82ef8e712a25c8.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- Inside the trailer, Jeff Searle carefully arranges the gallons to both maximize space and to secure the plants for transport. (B) As this was going on above the shelves, the area underneath was receiving the shorter three-gallon material. Got to get it all in there somehow.

DSC_0729.thumb.JPG.2da35b12569b23ad9189fb9c12d06fa4.JPGDSC_0730.thumb.JPG.da8234c23974fff96d8ad3f546df5a1f.JPG

- Many of the gallons were stowed on the shelves as Jeff secures the last shelf with a C-clamp on the left side. (B) The remaining plants were going to be loaded through the back.

DSC_0731.thumb.JPG.12425ef11bbfc539fa6e7aceb2b514be.JPGDSC_0732.thumb.JPG.ea748f582d14922fcb73594e439d62ff.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- Time for the larger stuff. A collection run returns with the first batch of Palms with larger pot sizes, mostly 7 and 15-gallons. One at a time, trailers are brought to the back and unloaded.

DSC_0734.thumb.JPG.d7452c5caa54a608a9954ed5a59f34f2.JPGDSC_0736.thumb.JPG.f855e8ebbc5d7a0b7765a04000380c45.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- One or two at a time, the larger Palms get loaded. Space was being used up fast so a bit of loading precision was needed to fit everything inside.

DSC_0737.thumb.JPG.cb08dfb0d684d78099d54ea0082550d0.JPGDSC_0738.thumb.JPG.d3b958173a568c64bfc5dd90e3ef6a56.JPGDSC_0740.thumb.JPG.c4284965b8ebfc98cdab522b0caacd5e.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- No more through the side door, it's full. (B) Larger, leafier palms require even more attention.

DSC_0743.thumb.JPG.96648a5b009c0da5fa81d320499b5e76.JPGDSC_0744.thumb.JPG.068c453a8f20ae4b2774347649957c76.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- "3... 2... 1... Go!" Of course, there are the heavier items that require more teamwork.

DSC_0746.thumb.JPG.b499546d8919dc33ae18040287c2b68b.JPGDSC_0747.thumb.JPG.cf38a2f9442acbae19b0ed1875d1eefb.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Palmarum

- The odd & end stuff and more Palms were headed for the back of the truck. Space had to be made for all the non-plant cargo. Can't forget the tables and chairs.

DSC_0748.thumb.JPG.274e24ef3120dcb9fca076585402a592.JPGDSC_0751.thumb.JPG.e4e871101388685085f3369f0e99b08a.JPGDSC_0752.thumb.JPG.0b3070b8640051b08ddd7fe727e131fd.JPG

Ryan

• Like 1

Palmarum

- We got it all loaded and Jeff was happy. Now to get all the plants there. For those who pre-ordered plants, they will be waiting for you at the sale. We look forward to seeing everyone who will be attending. Safe travels.

DSC_0750.thumb.JPG.eac3c1e66a4b6794f5ed856cc153a35c.JPG

Ryan

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1