Sign in to follow this  
Tracy

Zamia species id

Tracy

I've had this Zamia for a few years and never been able to id it.   It coned in 2018 and 2017 and never pushes more than 2 leaves at a time.  It has a smooth rachis, flushes with the brown leaves which get a bluish tint underneath as they begin to harden off, finally turning a deep green.  Any identification thoughts?

20190916-104A4789.jpg

20190916-104A4790.jpg

20190912-104A4754.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      I was up the hill from my house taking photos of the sunset and decided to take a picture of this Butia in my friend's yard.  I haven't asked him how old it is and if it was there when he bought the house in 1978.  Which Butia is it?  Sorry I didn't go around to the backyard to get a better photo including the trunk.

• Teegurr
      By Teegurr
      Saw these palms - they look very tropical (archies?) that I doubt will make it through the winter here in College Station. Thank you for the help in IDing these guys.

• Pablo Palma
      By Pablo Palma
      Hello everyone, recently joined new member. Very nice to meet you all!!
      Could you help me with an ID for this palm? My first guess was Adonidia merrillii but somehow just looks different to me. What do you think? I can add details of trunk, fruits, inflorescences and leaves if required. Thanks.

• Teegurr
      By Teegurr
      I saw this palm on my walk today. I'm thinking it's a butia? Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate the help!

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      I don't even remember now, at which So Cal Palm Society meeting auction I bought this Dypsis.  I do recall it was solitary and probably no more than a 1 gallon when purchased.  I dropped it in a shaded spot under a Burretiokentia hapala, probably anticipating it would be a smaller gauge trunk and continue taking advantage of the Burretiokentia's shade.  It has since produced one new subterranean offset from the main trunk.  Any thoughts on which fine leafed Dypsis this is?  Markings on the trunk should be a clue.