DAVEinMB

Palms of the Myrtle Beach Area

DAVEinMB
10 minutes ago, RJ said:

Perhaps I’m not well versed on my Phoenix ssp…:unsure:

I'm slowly learning but my id could be wrong as well. Hell I still have no idea what my biggest Phoenix is lol

• Like 1

smithgn
4 hours ago, RJ said:

This is in Chapin. I have seen a few dactyliferas around as well. I would try one but it’s hard to get the real deal. I planted a mule at my folks place, about 200 yards from this palm. I believe these to be P. Dactyliferas

90DCFB5E-35C4-4C86-B2D5-73C21F22F5C0.jpeg

Woow, this is literally the first I've seen of any Phoenix's in the Cola area trunking like this. I wonder if they transplanted them like this or they grew into the height they are now?

It makes sense they do well there. I can see Lake Murray off in the background and if the house is blocking NW winds then they're good to go.  This gives me hope of planting a phoenix somewhere in my parents yard when I come back to visit this spring. Perhaps I'll try to find some kind of hybrid...

RJ
1 hour ago, smithgn said:

Woow, this is literally the first I've seen of any Phoenix's in the Cola area trunking like this. I wonder if they transplanted them like this or they grew into the height they are now?

It makes sense they do well there. I can see Lake Murray off in the background and if the house is blocking NW winds then they're good to go.  This gives me hope of planting a phoenix somewhere in my parents yard when I come back to visit this spring. Perhaps I'll try to find some kind of hybrid...

There are other but google strrets doesn’t go down the roads. If I get a chance I’ll swing by and take some stealth pics 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

smithgn
2 hours ago, RJ said:

There are other but google strrets doesn’t go down the roads. If I get a chance I’ll swing by and take some stealth pics 

That’d be awesome. If not, I’ll do some drivebys in Chapin and see what they have going on near the lake there. 

DAVEinMB

My oh my, what a beaut

20211015_101901_remastered.jpg

20211015_101906_remastered.jpg

Edited by DAVEinMB
  • Like 2