IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

some palms from my recent visit to Cairns ...

Mohsen

Hi All

last week I visited beautiful Cairns for the first time... I really liked it and if I could I would move there today for good ...

I tried to take pictures wherever I see any palms and whenever I could ...

with a 3 years old generic son and not very interested ( to palms) wife this is the best I could do ...I thought to share them so hopefully you might like some of them...

it has 2 arts , my visit to Cairns Botanic Garden and other places ( airport, streets, my hotel window, beaches...) 

• Like 1

Cairns must be a palm lover's paradise. I'd love to live there, too. Thanks for the visuals.

• Like 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

AMAZING!  Thank ytou for posting all those.  I saw many of my favorite palms!  How long does it take to tour this garden?

• Like 1

Dana Point Tropicals - C-27 License #906810

(949) 542-0999

Cairns ( and that part of the Far North Queensland coast ) is very 'palmy' Blessed with a tropical maritime climate, good soils, abundant rainfall, although with a summer bias, there is generally enough winter rain to keep the place lush and green looking.
A bit south of Cairns is the wettest region in Australia around Tully, Babinda and Innisfail, averaging 140"-160" a year.
And inland from Cairns there are sub tropical highland plateaus of the Atherton Tablelands.
All areas a palm lovers ( any tropical plants for that matter ) paradise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, el-blanco said:

AMAZING!  Thank ytou for posting all those.  I saw many of my favorite palms!  How long does it take to tour this garden?

Your welcome...It took us 2 hours but I could take the whole day but I had to finish it quicker than I want as I was with my wife and son...

Great place to visit, thanks for all the pictures. 

• Upvote 1

Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Warm temperate to subtropical

Record low of -2C at airport 2006

Pushing the limit of palm survivabilities

Love it Mohsen, thanks for sharing. I have visited Cairns and Port Douglas quite some time back before my love of Palms. It is a wonderful part of the world and a brilliant climate! True Palm Lovers Heaven!