• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Hello everyone, I was looking at an app called iNaturalist, which is an app that lets you post and look at observations of plants and animals around the world, and I typed in Cocos nucifera and found this post in northern Morocco by the Mediterranean Sea. Does anyone know any information about this? I thought that it would be too cool in the winter for them there. 

• climate change virginia
      By climate change virginia
      If anyone has pictures of banana plants in virginia please share 
    • swolf
      By swolf
      Buildable 4.5 acre palm grove (licensed nursery) located about 20 minutes west of Ormond Beach Florida.  Square shaped parcel was sub-divided, so each parcel can be built upon if so desired.  Paved road in residential neighborhood but properly zoned for AG too (A-3).  WELL-DRAINED soil (sand hill).
      In 2009 I had the property cleared and fenced in.  The next year I had the 500 Sq. ft Barn substantially improved/rebuilt.  
      Collectors mix of cold-hardy palms with dozens of F1 Jubaea x Butia and/or backcrossed BJx Jubaea.  Most of the F1 Jubutia are now producing seed.  Substantial business opportunity for east coast production of Jubutia of F1 genetic character.  There’s also substantial interest in hand-made hybrids like Jubutyagrus.  I have two ‘Mountain Queens’ that Nigel Kembrey kindly sent me seeds of years ago.  They should soon flower.
      Other palms can be dug & sold, or kept to admire.  These include about 30 Jubutyagrus, 5 large Butia x Parajubaea and one ultra-rare Jubaea x Queen.  Several Sabal Louisiana (one mature) from an outstanding blue specimen.  A few smaller Blue Brahea Dulcis, Super Silver, Trachy Princeps,Livistona Mariae hybrids, and 3 nice silver Bismarckia from especially cold-hardy parents.
      $200k purchase price or for buyers capable of pursuing the commercial opportunity, a partnership is possible.  That next phase is too much for this one man.
      Serious inquiries can PM me.  Now how about a few photos already? :-). First few are of thick-trunked Jubutia — the silver specimen hasn’t flowered just yet.  
      Steve

• tjwalters
      By tjwalters
      A few pictures of my second largest needle palm growing in MD, z7a on the northwest corner of the garage.  Planted as a small palm about 12 years ago.

In the past my largest needle has produced many viable seeds, but in recent years my needles have been producing only male flowers.  This year this palm has produced a few seeds.  Note the old male flowers around the fruits.  Most folks think needles are either male or female, but they can produce male, female and hermaphroditic flowers on the same plant.