• Similar Content

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Hello, I am in need of a small watering can for indoor plants that I'll use for seed starting. All of my watering cans and stuff that I water with that I have turn up the soil even when I water lightly and can put the seeds at the top and mess everything up. Does anyone know of a small watering can that has a light stream that I can use for seed starting? 
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Right now by the lake it is warmer than away from it, so it is warming it up, I am going to see how long it takes to stop. What about you, if your near a lake?
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Why do beaches (normally closer to and in the tropics) have clear water yet places like the South Carolina coastline don't? I know Sardinia, Italy has crystal clear water and it is pretty far up there.
    • MesquiteRetreat
      By MesquiteRetreat
      We moved to Deep South Texas about two years ago from Zone 4 and are new to palms. We’ve planted several Foxtails, Pygmy Dates, Queens, different Fans, etc, and all are doing great. However, we also planted three Royal Palms that are causing great concern. In fact, we have already replaced one, and the other two have very few fronds and do not seem to grow. When a new frond does finally appear, it is stunted and shorter than their counterparts. The sheaths do not shed, either. They are about 15' tall and were originally planted over a year ago. They are in full sun (Zone 9B) and we are fertilizing every four months with a palm fertilizer (but not when first planted). The soil is surprising nice with little clay. Since they had brown frond tips, we upped the water...several times. They are on timed, drip irrigation. I’ve read that Royals are “water hogs” and “may do better is clay soils”. But how much water is too much? They each get about 15 gallons 2x week. Is this enough water? Too much water? Hope the pictures help. Thank you.

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I have seen pictures of palms fully growing out of water and water beds, I am wondering, what are some of these palms? I know Sabal minor can grow out of water beds, but what are the others? Or at least some. Does a Majesty Palm have the ability to grow in a water bed? I do know they like their water! Anyway, if anyone has any information on this topic, please tell me!