IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Driving to Florida for Thanksgiving....

Austinpalm

.... and am interested in returning with a few palms.  Will be driving from Austin to Englewood.  Will be racing on the way there to meet with family but should have plenty of time on the way back to stop at a few nurseries.  I would be interested in finding some/all of the following:

Allogoptera campestris, Bactris setosa, Calamus caryotoides, Chamaedorea klotzschiana, Daemonorops jenkensiana, Geonoma schottiana, Guihaia species, Itaya amoricum, Lanonia dasyantha, Medemia argun, Oraniopsis appendiculata, Pritchardia remota, cold hardy Syagrus romanzoffiana, Syagrus ruschiana, and/or Wallichia oblongifolia.

Shoot me a note please if you know where I might find some of these along IH-10 and/or IH-75 between Austin and Englewood.  

Thanks,

Clay

Clay

South Padre Island, Zone 10b until the next vortex.

Ok, how  about some nurseries in Tampa/St. Petersburg area with hard to find palms?

Clay

25 minutes ago, Austinpalm said:

Ok, how  about some nurseries in Tampa/St. Petersburg area with hard to find palms?

Might send @Mike Evans a pm. Would likely be the be the best source for rarer palms in the area. There might be other places i just can't remember atm. Beyond that, you might consider a day trip further south ( or maybe east to Orlando ) if you have some extra time while visiting.  

7 hours ago, Silas_Sancona said:

Might send @Mike Evans a pm. Would likely be the be the best source for rarer palms in the area. There might be other places i just can't remember atm. Beyond that, you might consider a day trip further south ( or maybe east to Orlando ) if you have some extra time while visiting.  

Thanks!

Clay