IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dypsis baronii “Stepped Trunk” Bands - SOLD

LJG

I have some bands for sale of what I call Dypsis baronii “Stepped Trunk”. This plant came around once about 12 years ago from Multiflora from Ortanique seed (who knows when they got the seed). It is a very uncommon palm and I have only found it growing in a few gardens here in SoCal. I call it stepped trunk for lack of better description. It is unique in that it has super keeled leaves and a stepped trunk (over never seen another Dypsis do this like in bamboo. It opens a red flower like Baronii. 

$10.00 per plant.  Local pickup please  

Shipping isn’t fun and I don’t like to do it. I’m willing to ship but only in USPS medium Flat rate box at $15 anywhere In US. I can fit 4 in those boxes, so whether it is 1,2,3 or 4 it’s $15. 

B1DE45EB-9475-43FE-BFD4-8992B7F16A61.jpeg

BD7DE4EC-87F0-4E0C-B3B4-8C835236E7CC.jpeg

D8D1C7EF-0629-44B4-970E-CAABE57BAFB4.jpeg

8E57E878-DCB4-4317-BF8D-0F9FCA658E23.jpeg

CC9A8828-40E2-461C-98A4-A1C6236A01C0.jpeg

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Len, is this the same as "keeled leaf" through Josh-O ?  He gave me a few seedlings, and I believe he said the parent tree was from your garden.  Really cool plant !

San Francisco, California

17 hours ago, Klp78 said:

Am interested in one of these palms I live in San Diego thanks Kevin 

Cool, pm me and I we can coordinate. 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

50 minutes ago, Darold Petty said:

Len, is this the same as "keeled leaf" through Josh-O ?  He gave me a few seedlings, and I believe he said the parent tree was from your garden.  Really cool plant !

Yes, same plant. 

• Like 1

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

I am in for three if you would hold them for me.  We will be in San Diego beginning October.  We are riding our bicycles in the Dolomites in Italy, and if you would hold. I can send you a check when we return which is mid- September.  Darold will vouch for my credit worthiness.  Gonna ride Timmelsjoch Pass tomorrow.  CeciB80DE38A-5DCB-4439-AF83-FFB1149549C3.thumb.jpeg.75475dfea544dbf75de46c4a56dba4e8.jpegle 

E5835A83-2620-443B-B6DF-9C57B5524E6D.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SHEP said:

I am in for three if you would hold them for me.  We will be in San Diego beginning October.  We are riding our bicycles in the Dolomites in Italy, and if you would hold. I can send you a check when we return which is mid- September.  Darold will vouch for my credit worthiness.  Gonna ride Timmelsjoch Pass tomorrow.  CeciB80DE38A-5DCB-4439-AF83-FFB1149549C3.thumb.jpeg.75475dfea544dbf75de46c4a56dba4e8.jpegle 

E5835A83-2620-443B-B6DF-9C57B5524E6D.jpeg

Sure, no problem. I will put then aside. Looks fun :)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

Shipping plants today for those that bought them.

I have some plants still available as well. 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

len, I am going to try to PM you to get an address to send you a check for $45. I will not be able to come down, so, I will need to have you ship.  Cecile.  Let me know if you don't get my message.

Regards, Cecile

• 2 weeks later...

Darold is going to pick up my plants from you in a couple of weeks.  He may already have it, so, I will assist in the coordination of schedule.  I am so excited about getting the two species of palms.  Thanks for growing these and making them available.  I am not sure what I do wrong, but, I have a warming mat with temp setting, and a set up to keep humidity up, and, after two meager trials, feel very frustrated at germinating palm seeds.  I really regret not being able to see your garden.

Cecile

My garden isn’t going anywhere, and you are always welcome. 

Have you had Darold stop by to see your germination technique? 

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

When I deliver Cecile's plants she and I will have an opportunity to review her germination techniques. 

• Upvote 1

San Francisco, California