• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For sale is a lot of 3 Zamia variegata seedlings I bought in a compot at a Palm Beach Palm/Cycad Sale. The mother is Zamia variegata but I can't be sure about the father. Zamia variegata comes from Central America and is threatened by habitat loss. My research indicates it is the only variegated cycad in the world.
      Lot of 3 Zamia variegata sp/hyb seedlings = $20.00
      Shipping = $10.00   No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $30.00
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      Photos

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I need to find a new for 50+ Coccothrinax borhidiana seedlings I germinated. They are 6-9 months old and have 1 to 3 leaves and vigorous root systems. I received them from a fellow palm lover last year. I don't have a photo of the actual mother palm but my source told me the seeds came from her palm and no other Coccothrinax spp were nearby. However, I am posting a 2017 photo of one of my C. borhidiana (not the mother).
      See summary below:
      Coccothrinax borhidiana: 50+ seedlings @ $30.00 for the lot.
      Shipping = $10.00 via Priority Mail. Sent without pots & soil, with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil
      Total = $40.00
      Payment via Paypal
      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI. PM me if you are interested
      Photos
      Seedlings for sale

Coccothrinax borhidiana from my garden (not the mother palm)

• Dimovi
      By Dimovi
      I just got these Mountain Coconuts to plant, but they seem a bit too green. Would they be able to germinate? I read it is pretty hard to germinate those anyway.  Should I remove the mesocarp (the green husk)?
      I was planning on letting them dry for a few weeks, then a few weeks in the fridge, then soak them for a few days, then plant them halfway burried in topsoil/peat moss mix and leave them outside to experience daily temperature variation.
      Does enyone have experience germinating Parajubaea Torallyi?

• Mostapha
      By Mostapha
      After seeing and reading what @NOT A TA, about his experimenting with germinating Royal Palm, posted some nice pics of the seedlings and a cross section of a pot showing the roots. Some were sun germinated and some shade grown, being as I live in N.Y.S. the idea of shade grown caught my eye. I wrote to him and asked if he would consider selling me a few shade grown.  Well long story short, he agreed and also told me that he had some that he thought were much nicer than the ones in the pics, that he had utilized a different shade technique for germination. So, for just a few dollars and shipping, I received 16 very nice seedlings today via usps. I wanted to post pics before potting them but as soon as I had seen them and their great root system,I just wanted to get them potted. (3 days in a box was long enough) They were ready to stretch their legs, it went great. I know some people are against growing palms in clusters, especially royal palms, but for me 1). its easier, I have a lot of plants in the house throughout the winter. 2). these palms will remain potted throughout their life span, so when they do reach up to 7-8 ft, instead of looking odd with only a few fronds on them they will be much fuller giving an even more unique look to them. Of course no matter what I do grow I always maintain at least 1 or 2 singles.
      Right now they are in 6" pots, so they can continue to grow out more roots through the winter under 9000 lumens led integrated light tubes, in more or less a terrarium type of atmosphere, being kept warm and good air circulation.  As I said I cluster, there are 5 in 3 of the pots and of course the single as well, by spring they will be ready to be bumped up.  
      I do regret not taking pictures of the roots, but due to excitement(?) I just wanted to get them potted up and ready for their long future as potted trees, to be put on display eventually wherever they go when they outgrow their space here, but I'm sure that will be some time yet. 
      Three cheers to @NOT A TA on these beautiful little giants.

• Kim
      By Kim
      In the Moku Garden, four Clinostigma have died, one after the other. The pattern seems to have stopped for now, but a couple of stumps were left in the garden. One spot in particular had been so perfect for the large elegant palm, so I decided to try a little experiment. 
      On top of the stump,  which measures about 15 inches across, I placed 2 seeds of Clinostigma samoense.  I checked them in April -- no sign of life. In July, still nothing. But a couple of days ago -- boom!

The question is -- will the seed continue to grow on the stump as the stump gradually rots? Curious if anyone has done this? If so, how did it work out? Any photos?