IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Shopping Spree NoID 6 - Agave

GDLWyverex

Which agave is this?

NoID6.jpg.d23c7bda0aea2668f1c292ca7335ca23.jpg  Looks like it will stays small

Thanks

Richard

Might be Agave bovicornuta

Hi 109˚, Lo 74˚

• Upvote 1

Casas Adobes - NW of Tucson since July 2014

formerly in the San Carlos region of San Diego

7 hours ago, Tom in Tucson said:

Might be Agave bovicornuta

Hi 109˚, Lo 74˚

Looks like it

Thanks

Richard

I'd agree with JubaeaMan, it's not a bovicornuta.  The tooth profile is all wrong for those.  Gentryi is a better guess at this age, possibly a "Jaws" type.  Montana is also a good possibility, as well as a type of Salmiana.  It's tough to tell the difference when they are small, probably next year it'll be more obvious.  But it's not going to stay small, whatever type it is!  It'll be more like 6' diameter when mature, so plan for some space!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JubaeaMan138 said:

Definetly not bovicornuta . Either Gentryi or Montana bacarrat .

Thanks for the info

I've tentatively updated the database to note that A. Montana bacarrat and A. Salmiana are possibilities as well

Check out the Foto DB at http://SelvaCabal.mx

I'm internationalizing it to speak several languages and will offer it up as Free Software when done. When a person logs in with appropriate rights, they can see prices and sources as well as the info freely offered to everyone (family, location, date of purchase, common names/synonyms Genus/species). When logged in the graphical environment is used to add/modify all fields of data.

I'm hoping that all of the help that I've received IDing plants can benefit others through the use of the foto db. It can sort the data by Family or by Genus or by date of purchase as well as show all in a specified family.

Richard

10 hours ago, JubaeaMan138 said:

I’m leaning more toward agave Gentryi 

That is my leaning as well, though after seeing all of the possibilities, I am wondering if I have a similar agave labeled correctly as A. pablocarrilloi 

Agave.jpg.9cff027e541076ae7ea60af80feaddbc.jpg

What think you? Is this A. pablocarrilloi or is it something else entirely?

Richard

Edited by GDLWyverex

2 minutes ago, JubaeaMan138 said:

Definetly not pablocarolloi. 

I guess that I had better start a new post for it's ID

Thanks

Richard