PalmatierMeg

Sabal palmetto Lisa Seedlings Clearance Sale

PalmatierMeg

I still have ~100-200 Sabal palmetto Lisa seedlings remaining from my mother palm's pre-Hurricane Irma crop and I've decided I don't want to repot them or grow them for the next 3-4 years to discover whether they are normal or mutant. So, I've decided to clear them out to new homes. Please bear in mind that when they are gone, I'll be totally out of seeds and seedlings. My mother palm aborted her 2018 crop and didn't flower at all in 2019. Whether Hurricane Irma is to blame I have no idea, nor do I know whether she will flower in 2020.

Particulars below:

Clearance Cost: $0.50 per seedling. No minimum purchase but shipping will be a firm $8.00.

Shipping =  $8.00 for any number of seedlings. Plants will be sent via Priority Mail. I will remove them from pot, wrap roots in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.

Payment via Paypal

No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI.

NOTE: Please contact me via Private Message.

Photos below:

Sabal_Lisa_clearance_01_08-21-19.thumb.JPG.4b942a29d965e4276ecf2d41ba4006c2.JPGSabal_Lisa_clearance_02_08-21-19.thumb.JPG.1fe97443593cd29c95739666f54690f6.JPGSabal_Lisa_clearance_03_08-21-19.thumb.JPG.bbe856ff1095fe6448e4f6e6709657c6.JPG

Mother Palm

Sabal_palmetto_Lisa_01_04-30-19.thumb.JPG.a94c6fcc9cb83f5284b93c5b9aa22e40.JPG

• Like 4

Rickybobby

Will you ship to Canada?

PalmatierMeg
1 hour ago, Rickybobby said:

Will you ship to Canada?

I would have to check with my contract PO but my initial research indicates $$$. What a crock. Where in Canada are you (that may matter)?

Rickybobby
40 minutes ago, PalmatierMeg said:

I would have to check with my contract PO but my initial research indicates $$$. What a crock. Where in Canada are you (that may matter)?

Ontario. It can’t be that much. It’s 15 bux from rare palm seeds. 

PalmatierMeg

Seedlings ALL SOLD!

OC2Texaspalmlvr

I guess you found the right price point. Definitely a deal for all those that got some :D

Rickybobby

I’ve been doing some reading. What percentage do you believe will show the Lisa trait?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Mostapha
      By Mostapha
      After seeing and reading what @NOT A TA, about his experimenting with germinating Royal Palm, posted some nice pics of the seedlings and a cross section of a pot showing the roots. Some were sun germinated and some shade grown, being as I live in N.Y.S. the idea of shade grown caught my eye. I wrote to him and asked if he would consider selling me a few shade grown.  Well long story short, he agreed and also told me that he had some that he thought were much nicer than the ones in the pics, that he had utilized a different shade technique for germination. So, for just a few dollars and shipping, I received 16 very nice seedlings today via usps. I wanted to post pics before potting them but as soon as I had seen them and their great root system,I just wanted to get them potted. (3 days in a box was long enough) They were ready to stretch their legs, it went great. I know some people are against growing palms in clusters, especially royal palms, but for me 1). its easier, I have a lot of plants in the house throughout the winter. 2). these palms will remain potted throughout their life span, so when they do reach up to 7-8 ft, instead of looking odd with only a few fronds on them they will be much fuller giving an even more unique look to them. Of course no matter what I do grow I always maintain at least 1 or 2 singles.
      Right now they are in 6" pots, so they can continue to grow out more roots through the winter under 9000 lumens led integrated light tubes, in more or less a terrarium type of atmosphere, being kept warm and good air circulation.  As I said I cluster, there are 5 in 3 of the pots and of course the single as well, by spring they will be ready to be bumped up.  
      I do regret not taking pictures of the roots, but due to excitement(?) I just wanted to get them potted up and ready for their long future as potted trees, to be put on display eventually wherever they go when they outgrow their space here, but I'm sure that will be some time yet. 
      Three cheers to @NOT A TA on these beautiful little giants.

• zoli
      By zoli
      I looked and then looked some more and was unable to find any definitive resource on when it is best to start fertilizing seedling palms. Some people claim that seed nutrients are exhausted approximately 2 months after germination, but this may be species dependent or just plain wrong altogether.
      I think a little background is warranted.
      I started fertilizing some of my seedlings about 3-4 weeks ago, many of them single leafers, roughly between 3-4 months old. I generally use 180-day Nutricote on all my palms. Most of my seedlings are in 2.5" Anderson pots and are doing well. Or so I thought. As of last week, I lost about 10 seedlings, none of which were recent transplants or in any kind of obvious stress. Among the lost species, there were Areca macrocalyx, Pinanga caesia, Dypsis leptocheilos, and a single Cryosophila stauracantha. All were recently fertilized. At the same time, many other species are seemingly unaffected (e.g. Ptychosperma spp, Areca vestiaria, Calyptrocalyx spp.), as well as some of the aforementioned. At least so far.
      To be fair, I may have overfertilized and some just couldn't handle it. So I did what any sane palm freak would do and started meticulously removing some of the fertilizer balls from my plants over the weekend. Great project, by the way.
      Anyway, enough history. So what do you guys think? When should one start to fertilize? And how much? Are some species really more sensitive than others?
    • FishEyeAquaculture
      By FishEyeAquaculture
      I have some Variegated Sabal palmetto seedlings available.  These are just shy of a year old, germinated from seed that was collected from a wild specimen my boys and I stumbled upon near Weeki Wachee Springs that is displaying linear/striated variegation within the leaf segments (a rare form of variegation for Sabal palmettos from what I understand).  They're currently thriving in 4.5" x 4.5" x 5" pots receiving around 5hrs of full midday sun.  Seedlings currently holding 4-5 strap leafs and are 10"-12" in overall height.  
      $65ea Shipping lower 48 US ONLY via USPS Priority Mail:  additional $12.00 (up to 4 seedlings), shipped in pot w/ dirt PM if interested   

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have a gigantic, potted Zamia picta/variegata with extreme variegation that I got from Christian Faulkner as a tiny seedling 9-10 years ago. This species of Zamia is the only naturally variegated one. It is now an adult female taller than I am that produced seeds earlier this year. I assumed the seeds were infertile but did not notice that I had a male potted Zamia hybrid (loddigesii? x ??) sitting right next to it that I'd bought at a Palm Beach sale some years back. Lo, about a month ago I noticed that tiny variegated Zamia seedlings were popping up next to my mother cycad. I potted up 8 of them to find a new home and am selling them as a lot. See summary below
      Zamia picta/variegata x Zamia hybrid (loddigesii? x ??): Eight 1-leaf Seedlings @ $3.00 each = $24.00
      Shipping via Priority Mail = $8.00     No shipping to HI. No shipping outside of US
      TOTAL = $32.00
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if you are interested.
      Photos:
      Seedlings for sale. All are developing variegation like the mother.

Mother: Zamia picta/variegata. Note intense variegation and size of plant.

Father: Zamia hybrid (loddigesii? x ??)