Chaz517

Place to store plants during winter?

Chaz517

Hey guys. I have some hibiscus and crepe myrtles that need winter plant storage here in CT. Does anyone use a service like this one to accomplish that? I am nervous to use it! Winter Plant Storage

Rickybobby

I know out my way here in Ontario people do pay for winter palm storage. It’s very pricey and sometimes it’s cheaper to rent palms monthly during peak months. I my self have a basement palm room that I heat during the winter 

OC2Texaspalmlvr
16 hours ago, Chaz517 said:

Hey guys. I have some hibiscus and crepe myrtles that need winter plant storage here in CT. Does anyone use a service like this one to accomplish that? I am nervous to use it! Winter Plant Storage

Honestly looks like what the price of the service, is the biggest determining factor. 

Hardypalms
On 8/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, Rickybobby said:

I know out my way here in Ontario people do pay for winter palm storage. It’s very pricey and sometimes it’s cheaper to rent palms monthly during peak months. I my self have a basement palm room that I heat during the winter 

Do you have any pics of that? Or more details about it.

Thxs

Pat

Rickybobby
10 minutes ago, Hardypalms said:

Do you have any pics of that? Or more details about it.

Thxs

Pat

Many led and t5 lights. Oil radiator heat for night time temps. Room stays around 80f this time of year humidity is around 56-60 rh

4A3299A3-8802-4864-A24F-8A1F9ABA6796.jpeg

OC2Texaspalmlvr

@Rickybobby The big question is whatcha drinking in that coozie =) 

Hardypalms
9 hours ago, Rickybobby said:

What will you do with the seedlings when they get larger? I am looking here in Atlanta at renting space in the winter in some greenhouse. I haven't really searched hard yet. It would be nice to have years after years by my pool 2 or 3 crown shafted palms that I see grow.

Thxs for sharing

Pat

Rickybobby
2 hours ago, Hardypalms said:

What will you do with the seedlings when they get larger? I am looking here in Atlanta at renting space in the winter in some greenhouse. I haven't really searched hard yet. It would be nice to have years after years by my pool 2 or 3 crown shafted palms that I see grow.

Thxs for sharing

Pat

I may sell some locally but when good friends come over. I give them away as gifts