IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Floribunda Garden Tour Video

Floribunda Palms

Hello all, i wanted to share this video that Robin Crawford made after his tour here in 2016. It has fantastic drone footage and is a great example of being on a garden tour with Jeff. The still photos within the video were taken by Linda Walker. We will be doing more videos like this in the future so stay tuned!

He also graciously provided timestamps for all the species in the video, which i will paste underneath the embedded video:

Licuala cordata 3:41 Pinanga speciosa 4:34 Carpoxylon macrospermum 5:16 Cyphophoenix nucele 8:21 Satakentia liukiuensis 9:13 Mauritia flexuosa 10:10 Reinhardtia compacta 10:47 Physokentia thurstonii 12:22 Bactris militaris 13:15 Dypsis sp. rosea x mirabilis 14:12 Areca montana (latiloba) 14:36 Sclerosperma mannii 15:00 Dypsis carlsmithii 15:47 Dypsis saintlucei 16:36 Hydriastele beguinii 17:25 Bentinckia condapanna 18:16 Dictyosperma furfuraceum 19:27 Dypsis malcomberi 20:00 Masoala madagascariensis 20:20 Lemurophoenix halleuxii 21:03 Dypsis leucomalla 21:52 Neoveitchia storcki 23:30 Pholidocarpus macrocarpus 24:31 Johannesteijsmannia magnifica 25:21 Dypsis bejoufa 26:23 Marojejya darianii 27:21 Dypsis mananjarensis 29:16 Licuala mattanensis 31:00 Ceroxylon amazonicum 31:42 Iriartea deltoidea 32:16 Areca ipot 33:10 Dypsis basilonga 33:51 Dypsis prestoniana 34:38 Pelagodoxa henryana 35:37 Cyphophoenix alba 36:12 Dypsis robusta 37:14 Dypsis hankona 38:01 Hydriastele flabellata 39:07 Dypsis leucomalla 39:42 Dypsis nauseosa 40:30 Loxococcus rupicola 41:39

• Like 16
  • Upvote 3

Floribunda Palms and Exotics
P.O. Box 635
Mountain View, HI 96771
Telephone: 808-966-8003 | Toll-Free: 866-966-8003
Email: Info@FloribundaPalms.com | Web: https://www.FloribundaPalms.com / https://floribunda.xyz

Wunderbar!!!

• Like 2

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

What an awesome video cant wait to see it in person one day haha . So many palms I had never heard of and can never grow :wacko: Just a beautiful place not more you can say really !!

• Like 3

T J 

Wonderful garden tour Jeff. I got sucked in and watched the whole thing immediately. Cool to see where many of my palms come from. Hope to see it in person some day.

• Like 2

This is Noahʻs arc of palms.  One day many habitats will be gone to the bulldozers, but their palms will be at Floribunda and

available to the rest of the world. We need to support this environmental treasure. 

aloha

• Like 7

Excellent video.  Jeff & Su have a world class garden.  We were lucky enough to see in person, and videos do not do justice.  Only downside to visiting is when you get back to your own garden, it is somewhat depressing by comparison.  Thanks for posting!

• Like 3

Awesome.  I have many palms in my yard from you!

• Like 2

Dana Point Tropicals - C-27 License #906810

(949) 542-0999

What a great documentation!

I like the slow pace of the video. It gives you somehow the feeling of taking part personally at the tour.

Thank you very much -

with best regards from Ryukyu/Okinawa

Lars

• Like 2

Some notes on the video, since it was filmed:

• The palm discussed as Dypsis nauseosa appears to be the recently described Dypsis mijoroana
  • The palm discussed as Hydriastele flabellata has now been separated and renamed Hydriastele spelndida
  • The flowers in frame during the discussion of Dypsis hankona belong to the species Cyphokentia cerifera

Thank you for the positive response to the video, we hope to share more content like this in the future as there have are exciting developments at Floribunda on a regular basis!

• Like 11

P.O. Box 635
Mountain View, HI 96771
Email: Info@FloribundaPalms.com | Web: https://www.FloribundaPalms.com / https://floribunda.xyz

Just a small part of the Floribunda collection. No matter how many times I've been there, I always see something new that I'd like to add to my garden. 

Mahalo!

Tim

• Like 3

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

:yay: More pleeease!! :wub2: Let's see some more understory species! ^_^

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

• 2 months later...

Floribunda Palms & Exotics now has its own YouTube channel!

The launch videos were filmed in 2019 and is another great look at the garden and is a classic Jeff Marcus tour. A bit of history in the beginning and then a look through some of the newer parts of the garden.

This first one features Justin Schroeder from the Amazon Spheres project, who sourced many palms for their workspace greenhouse from Jeff when it was under construction. Here he gets to see them and many more outdoors on his first tour of Floribunda:

Subscribe to the channel, there is more to come!

Thank you for your support

• Like 2

P.O. Box 635
Mountain View, HI 96771