Sign in to follow this  
Missi

What’s this?

Missi

What is this little plant? This little plant came with my orchid. I had tried plucking it out every since I brought the plant home, but could never get the roots and it would al aye just grow back, so I just let it grow, and now it has flowered!

87793681-D82B-4E6C-B06F-B91624CA71A6.jpeg

28E1757E-C706-49C7-8EE5-FE309C2D3881.jpeg

Silas_Sancona
12 minutes ago, Missi said:

What is this little plant? This little plant came with my orchid. I had tried plucking it out every since I brought the plant home, but could never get the roots and it would al aye just grow back, so I just let it grow, and now it has flowered!

87793681-D82B-4E6C-B06F-B91624CA71A6.jpeg

28E1757E-C706-49C7-8EE5-FE309C2D3881.jpeg

Pseuderanthemum variabile. There's a more extensive discussion on this topic somewhere in this section. Neat plant, imo but a PITA when it gets into potted Orchids.

• Like 2

Missi

Thank you!! I’ll search for the topic!

Gonzer

A scourge in potted orchids. You've got to be diligent in it's removal as they set seed when young. Luckily the substrate that most orchids are potted in allows for an easy albeit slow removal. Take your time when removing them, trying to grasp (with fingertips) the thick, fleshy part of the root. It's really long in comparison to the plant.

• Like 2

Missi
1 hour ago, Gonzer said:

A scourge in potted orchids. You've got to be diligent in it's removal as they set seed when young. Luckily the substrate that most orchids are potted in allows for an easy albeit slow removal. Take your time when removing them, trying to grasp (with fingertips) the thick, fleshy part of the root. It's really long in comparison to the plant.

Thanks for the tip! I'll poke around in there this evening. :greenthumb:

• Like 1