• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Coccothrinax scoparia is native to hills in Hispaniola - Haiti & Dominican Republic - where it grows to 36' tall in calcareous soil. Its leaves are a deep, dark green on top, glistening silver beneath. Although most Coccothrinax spp have yellow or gold hastulas, the hastula of scoparia leaves is green. I grew my mother from seeds I obtained over 10 years ago. It is now one of the tallest Coccothrinax in my Caribbean Garden and one of the best looking and fastest growing I have. It is totally hardy in zone 10a and maybe in microclimates of 9b. It is not fussy about soil, is drought tolerant once established but grows faster with regular water. See summary below:
      Coccothrinax scoparia seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot        100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping: $5.00 in padded envelope          No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested
      See photos below:

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      I have a pair of Cycas thouarsii which I pollinated with pollen from some of my male Cycas thouarsii back in late 2018.  I am curious how long it takes for the seeds to mature and if they should fall off the plant when they are "ripe".  The photos below are just about 15 months apart with the early photos taken of the plants and seeds in November 2018 and the other shots current from February 2020.  I know it is easy to determine when to harvest seeds from Encephalartos as the cones starts to fall apart.  What is the best indication for Cycas thouarsii and any input on how long that takes?  I assume there also could be a little variation in how long it takes based on climate (faster in habitat and slower in my cooler climate).

• Palms Brisbane
      By Palms Brisbane
      Question about Bismarkia seeds.
      I recently bought 200 fresh fruits. I removed the fruit and scrubbed the seeds. 190 were fine and sunk in bucket of water. The question I have 10 seeds have odd nodules on them... is this bugs? Just seed secreting? should i bin them? Any help is appreciated.

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I have around 50 Eucalyptus dalrympleana seeds that I had in the fridge cold stratifying for at least eight weeks now (maybe longer, I forgot exactly) in a damp paper towel. The seeds are super tiny. I was going to germinate these in a little closed container just on top of some moist soil. I heard they can germinate fine at tempatures around 65°F. Does anyone have any advice about germating these? I never germinated Eucalyptus seeds before. 
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have a limited number of ripe seeds from my only surviving Sabal etonia. This species is native to central and north central Florida. It is a dwarf palm with an underground stem, although rarely it will form a stem up to 6' tall. My mother palm shows strong dwarf traits - it is only 3' tall and 3-4' wide although it is nearly 12 years old and has been flowering for the past 3-4 years. It usually produces a crop of 200-300 seeds, sometimes fewer. Its 2' wide leaves are less costapalmate than most other Sabals, similar to Sabal minor except they are light green instead of blue green. S. etonia has larger fruit than S. palmetto. It is coldhardy to zone 8, marginal in 7. Like all Sabals It loves heat and sun.
      See summary below
      Sabal etonia: 50 seeds @ $10.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $5.00 via First Class Mail in a padded envelope. 
      Total = $15.00
      Payment via Paypal
      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI. PM me if you are interested
      Photos

Mother Palm