• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      My Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant has produced a crop of 250 seeds this year. For info on this beautiful NC native Sabal minor check out link below from last year:
      https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/58162-sabal-minor-emerald-isle-giant-wseeds-any-interest/&tab=comments#comment-868587
      I am selling this year's crop as follows:
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant seeds: 50 @ $10.00
      Shipping: $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Total = $15.00
      Payment via Paypal. Pm me if you are interested.
      Photos

Mother palm

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      This evening I picked 50 ripe seeds from one of the Chamaedorea tepejilote in my jungle and have more on the way. I grew the mother palm from seeds I received in 2008/09 and planted many of them a few years later. See summary below:
      Chamedorea tepejilote: 50 ripe seeds = $10.00 for the lot. I will send them uncleaned to speed them to their buyer.
      Shipping = $5.00 via first class mail within the US. No shipping overseas.
      Total Due = $15.00
      Payment via Paypal. PM me if you are interested
      Photos below. My jungle is densely planted so getting shots of the mother palm were difficult.

• Xerarch
      By Xerarch
      So last year I got some Franken Brahea seeds (among other seeds) courtesy of Dooms Dave. In March 2018 I used the baggie germination method and the Chamaedorea radicalis came right up. The others didn’t, not surprising, some things take longer to germinate. 
      In May/June of 2018 we moved into a different house and I took the bags and bottom-heating pad and got them set up in the basement of the new place. Well, life takes hold of you and we’re living out of boxes for weeks while getting things set up while still trying to work, take care of kids etc. and my bags full of palm seeds did not get adequate attention. Even within the bags, the soil dried out and I didn’t notice until they were all bone dry....bone dry. I’ve ruined seeds before by letting them dry up so I knew I had blown it. I’m too busy to mess with it so I left them and turned off the bottom heat.
      Imagine my surprise when in July 2018 (that’s 16 months after placing them in the bag and probably nearly a year after they dried up) I see palm sprouts galore inside the bag, one even pierced the bag, the rest were bent over at the top of the sealed bag!
      I can’t believe it, I’m lucky I noticed them, they could have died from lack of light, let alone water. They are all now safely potted up. Needless to say, after the miracle I quickly went and re-hydrated the remaining bags of seeds, who knows. Might get lucky again. 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Since I'm at the beach, there are a ton of Sabal minor around and they are absolutely loaded with unripe seed. If I were to take off one of the stalks from the base, do you think the seed would ripen all of the way, or is it too early to be doing that? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I'm at Virginia Beach right now and there are some ok looking Sabal palmetto here. Especially the ones in neighborhoods away from the actual shore. There are also TONS of volunteers in the planters, some look pretty old.