• Similar Content

• GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      What are the light requirements of a spring sprouted Butia…it’s pushing out its second strap leaf and is in full sun…it was a fortuitous find and I want to treat it properly. 
    • GregVirginia7
      By GregVirginia7
      Was watering and weeding this morning and noticed the wet, sunny Needle and the Brazoria trunks’ have really grown…the needle in height and the Brazoria in diameter. There are two other Needle trunks behind the one in the photo that are pretty tall as well, though lagging behind the one here.

The Brazoria trunk really thickened as it pushes two flower spikes and four new fronds…by season’s end it will have four fully released fronds…given its slow history, this is amazing…guess that taproot finally reached its destination…

Happy to have a Needle clumping palm that is establishing a trunk since zone 7 doesn’t harbor a climate for a variety of trunking palms…same for the trunking Brazoria…these are two that can have their trunks shown off, if you have the time to wait…Question for you Texas folks…generally speaking, how did Brazorias do during the freeze? Do they seem to rank among the survivors? 
    • UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Just a few shots from the garden today…

I really need to get the Butia in the ground

Hopefully my Cycas flushes this summer

Here is my largest Rhopalostylis

My largest King

• Sapiindo
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      Some people said its kalpataru palm, bottle palm, and hybrid bottle palm.