• Similar Content

• climate change virginia
      By climate change virginia
      If anyone has pictures of banana plants in virginia please share 
    • swolf
      By swolf
      Buildable 4.5 acre palm grove (licensed nursery) located about 20 minutes west of Ormond Beach Florida.  Square shaped parcel was sub-divided, so each parcel can be built upon if so desired.  Paved road in residential neighborhood but properly zoned for AG too (A-3).  WELL-DRAINED soil (sand hill).
      In 2009 I had the property cleared and fenced in.  The next year I had the 500 Sq. ft Barn substantially improved/rebuilt.  
      Collectors mix of cold-hardy palms with dozens of F1 Jubaea x Butia and/or backcrossed BJx Jubaea.  Most of the F1 Jubutia are now producing seed.  Substantial business opportunity for east coast production of Jubutia of F1 genetic character.  There’s also substantial interest in hand-made hybrids like Jubutyagrus.  I have two ‘Mountain Queens’ that Nigel Kembrey kindly sent me seeds of years ago.  They should soon flower.
      Other palms can be dug & sold, or kept to admire.  These include about 30 Jubutyagrus, 5 large Butia x Parajubaea and one ultra-rare Jubaea x Queen.  Several Sabal Louisiana (one mature) from an outstanding blue specimen.  A few smaller Blue Brahea Dulcis, Super Silver, Trachy Princeps,Livistona Mariae hybrids, and 3 nice silver Bismarckia from especially cold-hardy parents.
      $200k purchase price or for buyers capable of pursuing the commercial opportunity, a partnership is possible.  That next phase is too much for this one man.
      Serious inquiries can PM me.  Now how about a few photos already? :-). First few are of thick-trunked Jubutia — the silver specimen hasn’t flowered just yet.  
      Steve

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      I germinated this Archontophoenix cunninghamiana summer of 2019, and I stuck it in the ground this past spring. I have been wanting to try one with protection just because I thought it would be to have a zone 9b+ palm in a borderlines 7a/7b area. So here it is, my Archontophoenix cunninghamiana with a heating cable just thrown around it covered by an old sheet and a tarp in Central Virginia. I chose this species because I not only like how it looks but because I know they can handle cooler conditions, which is perfect for inside of the protection. I open the bottom flaps to let light in and to give it ventilation during warmer days. It is actually growing inside of the protection too. One day about a month ago I left it uncovered and it got down to 30°F briefly, which burnt some of the fronds and the spear quite a bit. I’ll post updates. 

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For sale is the total crop of seeds of an unknown dwarf Sabal minor. I germinated this palm around 2008 from a seed sent to me by a PTer I can no longer recall. Where he got it I don't know but he sent it to me as Sabal etonia. I learned years later it is actually S. minor. That makes sense to me because actual Sabal etonias never survived for me. I planted it in my Caribbean Garden in 2009. During the 12 years I have had it, it has grown painfully slowly to its current size of 2' tall x 3-4' wide. I has flowered for years but produces crops of sometimes fewer than 100 seeds. This year's seed output is <200 seeds. It is a compact grower and should be cold hardy as any other Sabal minor.
      180+ Sabal minor unknown dwarf seeds = $15.00  ONE LOT ONLY
      Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $20.00
      Payment via Paypal
      Photos
      Sabal minor unknown dwarf

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For Sale: 60+ Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf seeds ONE LOT ONLY
       I got this uber dwarf Sabal minor from Plant Delights Nursery some years back. See links below for info.
      https://www.plantdelights.com/products/sabal-minor-blountstown-dwarf
      This is the last of the 2020 crop of seeds from my mother palms.
      60+ Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf seeds = $12.00
      Shipping = $5.00 in padded envelope. No shipping outside the US; no shipping to HI
      TOTAL = $17.00
      Payment via Paypal
      Photos
      Sabal minor Blountstown Dwarf