• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• SEVA
      By SEVA
      I'm not sure if this belongs in the weather/climate section, but I read this phenomenon occurs after extended periods without rain and little/no wind allowing the natural oils to develop on the surface of the water. I captured these photos recently at a local swamp.

• The7thLegend
      By The7thLegend
      If you live in North Florida or even somewhat close by, Suwannee River Palms of Jasper has a great deal on specimen Sylvester Palms - any size - $300.  I came across this deal on eBay market place.  I wasn't sure they were still around but thinking I might add one to my landscape.   Just thought I'd share.
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2124455604331556/?ref=feed_rhc
      Phoenix Sylvester Palm Trees for sale in Jasper on Facebook Marketplace

Palm Tree SALE!!!! LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!!!Phoenix Sylvester Palm Trees STRAIGHT OUTTA THE PALMTREE PATCH!!!! Any size palm you bring your own trailer and we will dig it and wrap it and then load it for you $300.00 Cheapest Palms out there call Curtis at [hidden information] OR Brandi @ [hidden information] to set a appointment for a tour on the palm tree patch and pick out the palm you want BRING YOUR OWN TRAILER NO DELIVERY OR INSTALLATION IS AVAILABLE

• Shoowow
      By Shoowow
      Living in the Azores since 2015 after spending most of my adult life in New England, I've had a chance to explore most of S. Miguel island as a hiking guide. I've also started growing several palms in at quinta minuvida orchard lodge, our business. Most of them are looking pretty good by now.
      Posting here some images of my palm garden, the neighborhood and the island. I've found that pretty much everything grows since the climate is even, with high humidity and rain. I don't fertilize or water any of my palms or fruit trees.
      Please feel free to ask questions.

The Roystonea on the forefront has been on the ground about three years now from 1 gallon container.

Alfie 18 months on the ground from 1 gallon.
      Kentias by the pool. Bought them already large.

One of the Kentias I transplanted 3 years ago from 5 gallon. Growing like crazy.

Yoga in our banana plantation.

Sunset in the neighborhood.

Mountains and waterfalls...

Life is a beach...

On the island's trails.

Palms from around the island.

• UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Taking into account your observations when gardening, and specifically growing palms, have you noticed any genuine change in your climate, or evidence of global warming? Or have you become aware through education and through the media?
      I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on here...?