• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Shoowow
      By Shoowow
      Living in the Azores since 2015 after spending most of my adult life in New England, I've had a chance to explore most of S. Miguel island as a hiking guide. I've also started growing several palms in at quinta minuvida orchard lodge, our business. Most of them are looking pretty good by now.
      Posting here some images of my palm garden, the neighborhood and the island. I've found that pretty much everything grows since the climate is even, with high humidity and rain. I don't fertilize or water any of my palms or fruit trees.
      Please feel free to ask questions.

The Roystonea on the forefront has been on the ground about three years now from 1 gallon container.

Alfie 18 months on the ground from 1 gallon.
      Kentias by the pool. Bought them already large.

One of the Kentias I transplanted 3 years ago from 5 gallon. Growing like crazy.

Yoga in our banana plantation.

Sunset in the neighborhood.

Mountains and waterfalls...

Life is a beach...

On the island's trails.

Palms from around the island.

• UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Taking into account your observations when gardening, and specifically growing palms, have you noticed any genuine change in your climate, or evidence of global warming? Or have you become aware through education and through the media?
      I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on here...?
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      So I remeber hearing someone say in a video that Immokalee does not have a good climate for more tender palms, I looked around on Google Maps on Streetview and saw these coconuts. Some look fine while others look horrible. I am kind of confused about this towns climate. Does it get a freeze every few years from being so far inland? What type of stuff would be the limit of what would survive there long term? 

• NC_Palm_Enthusiast
      By NC_Palm_Enthusiast
      I live right on the 7a/7b line in the western piedmont of NC and I'm looking for some new palms to try. Currently, I have three Sabal Minor var. Louisianas and three potted majesty palms. The majesty palms have grown to be quite large and I'm worried I won't be able to fit them inside next winter. I'd like to replace them with some palms (other than Sabal Minor) that are hardy to my zone and can be planted directly into the ground.  I'm relatively new to palm cultivation so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Does anyone know if this is a Eucalyptus neglecta? I bought it as Eucalyptus neglecta 'Big O' from a place called Soutgern Eucs, but am not sure if that is what it is, since I looked it up online and in the pictures I found they seem to be a bit different. Could it be a different species?