buffy

Special JuBu

RJ
13 hours ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

:drool:Those are absolute bonifide specimens just wow.  Looks like a mule and another JxB without seeing the fronds, either way prolific palms !!! Thats a bummer for Patric 

The one in front is a parajubaea (cocoides??). The palm with the smooth massive grey trunk in the back is the mule (butyagrus  = Butia X Syagrus) .  A massive one at that. That palm was created by Dr. Wilcox if I recall. 

Edited by RJ

OC2Texaspalmlvr
On 7/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, RJ said:

The one in front is a parajubaea (cocoides??). The palm with the smooth massive grey trunk in the back is the mule (butyagrus  = Butia X Syagrus) .  A massive one at that. That palm was created by Dr. Wilcox if I recall. 

That mule is no joke i cant say i have even seen a pic remotely close to the specimen trunk from that pic. Absolute impressive palm 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• LasPalmerasDeMaryland
      By LasPalmerasDeMaryland
      Sabal ‘Louisiana’ #1
      This little guy is growing slowly but surely. The spear in the middle is starting to make itself more prominent. 

• SEVA
      By SEVA
      I figured I would start a new topic giving an update on some of my palms and other things growing in a Virginia garden.  Now that I've had a little more free time, I've been catching up on quite a bit of weeding and such.  It's still a work in progress.  Hopefully, I can get the photos to load.  Ever since getting a different phone I've had some difficulties uploading photos, so trying the computer.

• Chester B
      By Chester B
      After a pretty dry spring we had our first major rainfall in a while.  Over the last day and a half I recorded 1.5" of rain.  It's amazing how things perk up, even though I have been watering all along.  I started work on this garden in the spring of 2017 so it is entering its 3rd year now, and finally starting to look more filled out.  All that remains from when we first bought the house are a few sword ferns, the mimosa tree and some clematis.  The soil is heavy clay and in the winter is quite waterlogged so I have been trying to raise up the beds, improve drainage as well as use plants that can handle these conditions.  I still have a lot more work to do, and will begin on the next phase shortly but thought I'd share another PNW garden.  Thanks for looking!

• clevelandtropicsmaybe
      By clevelandtropicsmaybe
      I've done a lot of research and have gotten few promising results but does anyone think there are any species of palm trees that can survive in the ground in NE Ohio? If anyone in Ohio has seen or knows of any that are already planted or has any pictures, that would be very helpful.
      I live in zone 6b because lake Erie is less than 1 mile away and warms up the cold air a little bit, but it can still stay below freezing with snow for long periods of time.
      The 2 best options that I'm aware of so far are needle palm and sabal minor.
    • agt
      By agt
      Hello Everyone,
      I just bought two needle palms from hawkpalms on ebay in an attempt to fill up some extra space on the base my dune. This is incredibly close to the ocean and the temperature is rarely warmer than 80 all summer because of the cold water. In the winter I'd say it rarely gets below 15. The last few weeks have been pretty wet and cold and now its starting to get nicer.  I was wondering if anyone had an idea if this is worth a try having minimal protection or if the winter will be too harsh. The dune also acts as a shield from the wind coming from the ocean which I think could be helpful.