Jump to content
Ilovepalm

My seedlings of beccariophoenix alfredii

Recommended Posts

Ilovepalm

Hi! This is my five seedlings of beccariophoenix alfredii. Seedlings have half a year.

 

IMG_20190627_132607.jpg

IMG_20190627_132615.jpg

IMG_20190627_132619.jpg

IMG_20190627_132622.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PalmatierMeg

Lovely. Good work. Beccariophoenix are fairly tough palms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ilovepalm

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hillizard

Only 2 seedlings from my RPS order of Beccariophoenix alfredii survived the winter in my sunroom and are now outdoors in tree pots in partial shade. Despite fertilizer applications, they're looking a bit 'anemic' but still growing.

Beccariophoenix_alfredii2019.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ilovepalm
15 hours ago, Hillizard said:

Only 2 seedlings from my RPS order of Beccariophoenix alfredii survived the winter in my sunroom and are now outdoors in tree pots in partial shade. Despite fertilizer applications, they're looking a bit 'anemic' but still growing.

Beccariophoenix_alfredii2019.png

@Hillizard What is your subsoil? Because beccariophoenix I need clay-sandy. Position like sunny, but not direct rays to not burn the leaves.
Substrate: sand-clay, can be mixed with coconut fiber and necessarily with perlite or other soil loosener. The flowerpot should not be too big, because if the plant will have a large flowerpot, then it will focus on the roots, not the leaves.
Water so that the substrate is moist, but not wet. Check your finger to a depth of a few cm. Next watered until the soil is dry.
Fertilization: from March to October palm fertilizer every 2 weeks. Through autumn - winter every watering biohumus for palm trees.
Pests can appear, as with any exotic plant that likes moisture. If there are bow ties (Sciara militaris) I recommend a sticky one from tubes.
He likes the temperature of 20-25 Celsius. In hot weather, I spray the palms in the early morning or evening even 3 times a day, as they are + 35C. Below 20C, the plants not sprinkle water, because a fungus may be formed.

Edited by Ilovepalm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hillizard
8 hours ago, Ilovepalm said:

@Hillizard What is your subsoil? Because beccariophoenix I need clay-sandy. Position like sunny, but not direct rays to not burn the leaves.
Substrate: sand-clay, can be mixed with coconut fiber and necessarily with perlite or other soil loosener. The flowerpot should not be too big, because if the plant will have a large flowerpot, then it will focus on the roots, not the leaves.
Water so that the substrate is moist, but not wet. Check your finger to a depth of a few cm. Next watered until the soil is dry.
Fertilization: from March to October palm fertilizer every 2 weeks. Through autumn - winter every watering biohumus for palm trees.
Pests can appear, as with any exotic plant that likes moisture. If there are bow ties (Sciara militaris) I recommend a sticky one from tubes.
He likes the temperature of 20-25 Celsius. In hot weather, I spray the palms in the early morning or evening even 3 times a day, as they are + 35C. Below 20C, the plants not sprinkle water, because a fungus may be formed.

Thanks for taking the time to detail how you grow B. alfredii successfully.  Yours look very well-grown. :greenthumb: I may have to change the method(s) I use to keep mine growing and healthy. Please post updates on the progress of yours in a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ilovepalm

@Hillizard I will update. If you need help in the palm trees, you can use my blog to use Google Translator www.ilovepalm.pl :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hillizard
9 minutes ago, Ilovepalm said:

@Hillizard I will update. If you need help in the palm trees, you can use my blog to use Google Translator www.ilovepalm.pl :)

Thanks Caroline, I'll check out your palm (and exotic plant) blog (with its built-in language translator app).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ilovepalm

@HillizardIf you do not understand something, ask me and I will translate to you. I will soon change themes design of the website to a better one.

Edited by Ilovepalm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...