Ilovepalm

My seedlings of beccariophoenix alfredii

Ilovepalm

Hi! This is my five seedlings of beccariophoenix alfredii. Seedlings have half a year.

IMG_20190627_132607.jpg

IMG_20190627_132615.jpg

IMG_20190627_132619.jpg

IMG_20190627_132622.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

Lovely. Good work. Beccariophoenix are fairly tough palms.

• Like 1

Ilovepalm

Hillizard

Only 2 seedlings from my RPS order of Beccariophoenix alfredii survived the winter in my sunroom and are now outdoors in tree pots in partial shade. Despite fertilizer applications, they're looking a bit 'anemic' but still growing.

Beccariophoenix_alfredii2019.png

Ilovepalm
15 hours ago, Hillizard said:

Only 2 seedlings from my RPS order of Beccariophoenix alfredii survived the winter in my sunroom and are now outdoors in tree pots in partial shade. Despite fertilizer applications, they're looking a bit 'anemic' but still growing.

Beccariophoenix_alfredii2019.png

@Hillizard What is your subsoil? Because beccariophoenix I need clay-sandy. Position like sunny, but not direct rays to not burn the leaves.
Substrate: sand-clay, can be mixed with coconut fiber and necessarily with perlite or other soil loosener. The flowerpot should not be too big, because if the plant will have a large flowerpot, then it will focus on the roots, not the leaves.
Water so that the substrate is moist, but not wet. Check your finger to a depth of a few cm. Next watered until the soil is dry.
Fertilization: from March to October palm fertilizer every 2 weeks. Through autumn - winter every watering biohumus for palm trees.
Pests can appear, as with any exotic plant that likes moisture. If there are bow ties (Sciara militaris) I recommend a sticky one from tubes.
He likes the temperature of 20-25 Celsius. In hot weather, I spray the palms in the early morning or evening even 3 times a day, as they are + 35C. Below 20C, the plants not sprinkle water, because a fungus may be formed.

Edited by Ilovepalm

Hillizard
8 hours ago, Ilovepalm said:

@Hillizard What is your subsoil? Because beccariophoenix I need clay-sandy. Position like sunny, but not direct rays to not burn the leaves.
Substrate: sand-clay, can be mixed with coconut fiber and necessarily with perlite or other soil loosener. The flowerpot should not be too big, because if the plant will have a large flowerpot, then it will focus on the roots, not the leaves.
Water so that the substrate is moist, but not wet. Check your finger to a depth of a few cm. Next watered until the soil is dry.
Fertilization: from March to October palm fertilizer every 2 weeks. Through autumn - winter every watering biohumus for palm trees.
Pests can appear, as with any exotic plant that likes moisture. If there are bow ties (Sciara militaris) I recommend a sticky one from tubes.
He likes the temperature of 20-25 Celsius. In hot weather, I spray the palms in the early morning or evening even 3 times a day, as they are + 35C. Below 20C, the plants not sprinkle water, because a fungus may be formed.

Thanks for taking the time to detail how you grow B. alfredii successfully.  Yours look very well-grown. :greenthumb: I may have to change the method(s) I use to keep mine growing and healthy. Please post updates on the progress of yours in a few months.

Ilovepalm

@Hillizard I will update. If you need help in the palm trees, you can use my blog to use Google Translator www.ilovepalm.pl :)

• Like 1

Hillizard
9 minutes ago, Ilovepalm said:

@Hillizard I will update. If you need help in the palm trees, you can use my blog to use Google Translator www.ilovepalm.pl :)

Thanks Caroline, I'll check out your palm (and exotic plant) blog (with its built-in language translator app).

• Upvote 1

Ilovepalm

@HillizardIf you do not understand something, ask me and I will translate to you. I will soon change themes design of the website to a better one.

Edited by Ilovepalm
  • Like 1