Sign in to follow this  
joe_OC

Summer Solstice and it's...Raining!

joe_OC

So yesterday was the Summer Solstice.  Longest day of the year and the start of summer in Southern California.  I woke up in the middle of the night to the sounds of rain.   What a crazy year of weather we are having.  But, it sounds like things are going to be heating up shortly as it is forecasted to be warmer than normal.  Anyone else get rain last night?

Sr. Califas

It was still drizzling when I left my house at 7:45am. Other than that early heat wave it has been a most pleasant June. Highs in the 80s, cools down to the 60s at night. Been loving it. 

• Like 1

GottmitAlex

No rain here. (14m inland)

Just cloudy and 80F.

Just uppoted the "rescued" big box store coco from a 5 gallon to a 15.

It was getting a bit rootbound. I figured now is the best time, cloudy, muggy and 80f. 

15611433796616576881862645654878.jpg

• Like 1

sandgroper

We had rain, it was our winter solstice yesterday. We had a lovely 25c day with rain overnight, we're expecting up to 35mm of rain today.

UK_Palms

Finally dry here now after a crappy,  wet, cool start to summer. Should be hitting 75F tomorrow then approaching 90F going into Monday.

July & August look set to be scorchers again, much like 2016 & 2017. We might hit 95F here on Wednesday. 

Edited by UK_Palms