bibinoam

hello,

some ideas whats is the problem ?

best regards

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-31 at 11.29.47 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-31 at 11.29.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-31 at 11.29.47 (2).jpeg

The Gerg

I can not claim to know specifically what causes this. However I have had this happen to several of my king palms. They have been my only palms to do this. I think in my case it may have been neglecting to fertilize them enough. I had a Arch. myolensis do this and it recovered after a couple generous feedings of PalmGain. Make sure they are getting enough water too.

Ive had others not recover. I think I was too late for them. May they Rest In Peace.

Jeff985

One of my kings did the same thing. It’s a triple king and two of the stems sent out fronds that looked like that. It had been well fertilized. I poured peroxide down the crown shafts and it cleared up. The next fronds that came out were normal. 

PalmatierMeg

Manganese deficiency causing frizzletop. Always fertilize with slow release palm fertilizer containing all minor elements. Treat current condition with manganese sulfate (NOT magnesium). It takes time for new fronds to open normally, damaged fronds will not heal themselves. Always make sure palm is well watered.