IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Finally some decent weather here in ontario

Rickybobby

I say that but we’re still seasonally Cooler than normal. Weird spring. Last year we have 90s about now. Today 81 I’ll take it I guess. By bottle palm has been pushing the same spear for 6 weeks and the coconuts have been slow. Just hasn’t been overall warm enough. I could get more growth in my palm room with temps averaging 78-80f but I don’t want my palms to our grow me yet. Here’s a crammed pic. Of some of my palms and a few seeings out side here in Canada’s tobacco belt 

F9E0053C-21DF-4313-A072-B9C48B98AAF0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Marvelous!

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

Haha, love the cannabis plant sat on the table. Surprised nobody else has mentioned that yet :lol2:

An Indica dominant strain, I see. 

Lovely yard man :greenthumb:

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

10 minutes ago, UK_Palms said:

Haha, love the cannabis plant sat on the table. Surprised nobody else has mentioned that yet :lol2:

An Indica dominant strain, I see. 

Lovely yard man :greenthumb:

Oops funny you saw that and it’s legal! I don’t even smoke! 

• Like 1

I noticed the cannabis plant too, and wanted to see if anyone mentioned it.

If it were legal I would have one too for the novelty factor (same with Erythroxylon coca), and I don’t smoke either, can’t stand it.

Edited by palmsOrl

1 minute ago, palmsOrl said:

If it were legal I would have one too for the novelty factor, and I don’t smoke either, can’t stand it.

Yeah just for fun and it’s a Sativa strain 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rickybobby said:

Oops funny you saw that and it’s legal! I don’t even smoke! 

So it's just there for ornamental purposes then? :lol2:

I don't smoke anymore myself, but just like my rogue sunflower's and tomatoes this year, I also have loads of self-seeded dope plants popping up everywhere (from last year's crop). I don't know whether to pull them up, or to just leave them... :lol2:

IMG_8128.jpg

• Upvote 1

Dry-summer Oceanic climate (9a)

Average annual precipitation - 18.7 inches : Average annual sunshine hours - 1725

The rbc Canadian open is 20 minutes away and there getting great weather. Ima huge golfer and regret not going! Although got to enjoy my palms by the pool today 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, palmsOrl said:

I noticed the cannabis plant too, and wanted to see if anyone mentioned it.

If it were legal I would have one too for the novelty factor (same with Erythroxylon coca), and I don’t smoke either, can’t stand it.

I don't smoke anymore either, but edibles that's a whole nother story. LOL.  You won't believe how many older people in their 80's go to the weed store here.  

The pool looks really inviting! :greenthumb: I like the palm touches! 

Edited by Palm crazy

Outside are Phoenix roebellini cocos nucifera hyophorbe lagenicaulia. Bismarkia nobilis. Phoenix dactylifera wodyetia bifurcata Serenoa repens and adonidia merillii

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 4:07 PM, Rickybobby said:

Outside are Phoenix roebellini cocos nucifera hyophorbe lagenicaulia. Bismarkia nobilis. Phoenix dactylifera wodyetia bifurcata Serenoa repens and adonidia merillii

Where did get your coconut tree from?

What plant hardiness zone is your area in? Dunnville Cayuga zone 6b?

7 hours ago, veeman55 said:

Where did get your coconut tree from?

What plant hardiness zone is your area in? Dunnville Cayuga zone 6b?

Hey another local lol in simcoe is a greenhouse called eising and inside is a section run by Norfolk exotics. They sell all kinds of Palms large and small. It will be worth it for you in May to have a look. Check out Norfolk exotics when you google iam 6b as well we can have Sabals needles and windmills in the ground here but all need full protection 

23 hours ago, veeman55 said:

Thanks very much..How much did that coconut cost you?

Coconuts are like 45 bux I think but I grow my own from seed as well.