Sign in to follow this  
petasplit

Aravaipa avocado seeds wanted

petasplit

Hi, does anyone have seeds or seedlings of Aravaipa avocado? I cant seem to find it anywhere for sale online.
I am located in EU (Croatia) where summers are really hot and winters get quite cold (depends on year). 
That is why I am searching cold hardy avocado. Thanks for your time

Cikas
4 minutes ago, petasplit said:

Hi, does anyone have seeds or seedlings of Aravaipa avocado? I cant seem to find it anywhere for sale online.
I am located in EU (Croatia) where summers are really hot and winters get quite cold (depends on year). 
That is why I am searching cold hardy avocado. Thanks for your time

All Avocado types can survive in coastal Dalmatia. I have one in garden here in Dubrovnik (seed grown from fruits I purchased in store). In Arboretum Trsteno we have one 100 years old. Soo do not worry about type (fom seeds you can not get certain forms, only from cuttings you can). Just purchase avocado fruits in store and plant the seeds. 

Edited by Cikas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• chocolatethunda
      By chocolatethunda
      Hi all,

I finally received seeds I ordered from rarepalmseeds.com here in Aruba (small island in the Dutch Caribbean).
      I would very much appreciate some suggestions on methods for germinating and care after the germination. I will keep updating the thread as they grow for future references.

Below are the suggestions I'm most eager to learn about of the seed type (Euterpe Oleracea, Açai Palm)
      Soil Medium for germination? (perlite, peat moss, coco coir?) Soak in water? (how many days, fungicide bath?) Does the sinker/floater test apply to these seeds too? Heat mat? Depth of Pots and soul medium after germination?  

• chocolatethunda
      By chocolatethunda
      Hi all,

I finally received seeds I ordered from rarepalmseeds.com here in Aruba (small island in the Dutch Caribbean).
      I would very much appreciate some suggestions on methods for germinating and care after the germination. I will keep updating the thread as they grow for future references.

Below are the suggestions I'm most eager to learn about of the seed type (Wallichia Disticha)
      Soil Medium for germination? (perlite, peat moss, coco coir?) Soak in water? (how many days, fungicide bath?) Does the sinker/floater test apply to these seeds too? Heat mat? Depth of Pots and soul medium after germination?  

• chocolatethunda
      By chocolatethunda
      Hi all,

Below are the suggestions I'm most eager to learn about of the seed type (Dypsis Robusta)

• chocolatethunda
      By chocolatethunda
      Hi all,

Below are the suggestions I'm most eager to learn about of the seed type (Dypsis Decaryi)

• Teegurr