IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Coccothrinax 'Azul' - Two Strap Leaf Seedlings

PalmatierMeg

For sale are my only two strap leaf seedlings I germinated from my mother palm. Coccothrinax 'Azul' is native to Cuba and is a conundrum: is it an unidentified species or a variation of C. macroglossa? It is named for the silver-blue color of its leaves, which are also silver-white below. I bought my mother palm as a 1g in late 2005 and can testify this palm is very slow growing. It is also very sporadic in flowering and setting seeds, usually only a small handful if any at all. Seedlings for sale are 2-3 years old, the last time my mother palm set seeds. They are still strap leafed and green - the silver-blue wax shows up later. I have no idea when my mother palm will set seeds in the future. Even 1-1/2 years later Hurricane Irma may be playing havoc with palm reproduction here. I am selling both seedlings together. Photos 1- 4 are of seedlings for sale. Photos 5-6 are of my mother palm.

Coccothrinax Azul: Two (2) strap leaf seedlings = $15.00

Shipping = $8.00 via Priority Mail. Sent without pots & soil with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.

TOTAL = $23.00

No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI.

Payment via Paypal.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks and regards

Photos

Coccothrinax_Azul_x2_01_05-13-19.thumb.JPG.1e2064af95e588facf9d8293fbd60324.JPGCoccothrinax_Azul_02_05-13-19.thumb.JPG.402d65a4d015bd01175ed2db877edab3.JPGCoccothrinax_Azul_03_05-13-19.thumb.JPG.848f0ffd823d3c96dc7bf4354af5f867.JPGCoccothrinax_Azul_04_05-13-19.thumb.JPG.c151cb9738b1d1d35daaf1a52754b4e7.JPGCoccothrinax_Azul_mother_01_03-03-19.thumb.JPG.0422626d91abb69c8a74686100607254.JPGCoccothrinax_Azul_03_2-3-14.thumb.JPG.bca709470599782ca680dc84a05daa34.JPG

• Like 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Seedlings are SOLD!

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.