IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Visit to floribunda palms.

Kevin S

Today I went to Floribunda Palms to pick up my order.  A little sad that Jeff was sick so no palm tour from him he did drag himself out of bed and show up as I was loading my new palms in the truck.  I did get a quick walk-through with one of his workers to see the garden.  It’s been along time since I’ve been there never enough time on my vacations to do anything.  Well I took a few photos that I can share.

50B85667-A8AF-4C64-93D5-824DA2E9AAAA.jpeg

• Like 6

Not available yet but hopefully they will start producing seed soon.  Only reason I know that is because I asked if there were any available.

AE514B2C-7807-4317-9BD7-B2E81B47C05C.jpeg

• Like 8

I ended up picking up a few of these I just can’t get over the color on the crown shaft.

DC8E9346-308A-4D68-A11D-F7E2B6D48C3B.jpeg

• Like 5

When Jeff showed up I guess even being real sick he can’t stay away from his palms lol.

A57E1FAC-D72D-4379-9E3C-CEA74C1B60C3.jpeg

• Like 4

One of these days I’ll visit.

Thanks for sharing his garden and enjoy the planting!

I can never see too many photos from Floribunda!  Thanks for posting them and have fun planting. 

12 minutes ago, palmsOrl said:

Which species are these?

I was thinking of a number in the photos so people could identify the ones in it and make a list because I have no clue only two of them I can identify lol.

And some of the photos there are so many palms each photo would probably need a list of which palms are in it.

I do know I want them all :D

• Upvote 2

I'M ALL SCREAMED OUT

WHOO BOOYAH

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:28 AM, Kevin S said:

When Jeff showed up I guess even being real sick he can’t stay away from his palms lol.

A57E1FAC-D72D-4379-9E3C-CEA74C1B60C3.jpeg

What are we looking at, Kevin? Sorry; didn't see the questions above.

Edited by wimmie

Nice haul! What species did you purchase? Always exciting to make a trip to Floribunda!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:17 PM, Kevin S said:

Not available yet but hopefully they will start producing seed soon.  Only reason I know that is because I asked if there were any available.

AE514B2C-7807-4317-9BD7-B2E81B47C05C.jpeg

Is that Cyphphoenix fulcita?!!

Gosh I need to get there soon. I have had an itch for new palms for the garden

On 5/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, Kim said:

Nice haul! What species did you purchase? Always exciting to make a trip to Floribunda!

I got.

Dypsis Leptohelos

Dypsis Lastelliana

Dypsis Prestoniana

Dypsis sp. Bejouf

Dypsis Rosea

Dypsis sp. Bef

Dypsis sp. Baby red stems

Pinanga Maculate

Pinanga Philippinesis

Euterpe sp. orange crownshaft 

Clinostigma Savoryanum

Cyphophoenix Elegans

Licuala Elegans

And a few others.

Great list you picked out.  Thanks for the pics.  Crazy to think of how many of my plants started out in Jeff's hands.

I recently bought some of those Euterpe 'orange crownshaft' too, couldn't resist the color. You will enjoy all those palms, great list!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.