Sign in to follow this  
Really full garden

Johannesteijsmannia altifrons In My Highland Garden

Really full garden

This morning as I was driving down my driveway the sun was hitting this Johannesteijsmannia altifrons like it was a spotlight. I had to take notice and take a photo. My garden has survived several major volcanic events recently and this palm has always looked great despite being covered in ash.

This palm has been a slow but steady grower and now stands almost five feet.

IMG_2689.thumb.jpg.4b81ca2ef07129d39ed0d4cdbd906732.jpg

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

Tracy
17 minutes ago, scottgt said:

This morning as I was driving down my driveway the sun was hitting this Johannesteijsmannia altifrons like it was a spotlight. I had to take notice and take a photo. My garden has survived several major volcanic events recently and this palm has always looked great despite being covered in ash.

Beautiful plant and great moment with that light to capture it Scott!  I hope the ash blows away from you and your garden!  Unfortunately, geological time moves faster in some places than others as we are learning.

Really full garden
3 minutes ago, Tracy said:

Beautiful plant and great moment with that light to capture it Scott!  I hope the ash blows away from you and your garden!  Unfortunately, geological time moves faster in some places than others as we are learning.

I live just 15kms from the crater of Fuego Volcano and usually the wind blows the ash away from me. On June 3 ,2018 a major eruption took place. A pyroclastic flow killed 500+ people just two kms from my house. I am thankful that my dog and I were able to escape and that my garden was spared (this time).

• Like 1

GottmitAlex

Lord have mercy.

palmfriend
On 4/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, scottgt said:

Scott,

what a strong and healthy looking beauty! It seems to like your place and the "ash showers" from time are probably giving it some

good nutrients... Thank you for posting!

Best regards from Okinawa -

Lars

PS: The news about the volcano's eruption were horrible - I have still the images in my mind... A real tragedy.

Really full garden
11 hours ago, palmfriend said:

Scott,

what a strong and healthy looking beauty! It seems to like your place and the "ash showers" from time are probably giving it some

good nutrients... Thank you for posting!

Best regards from Okinawa -

Lars

PS: The news about the volcano's eruption were horrible - I have still the images in my mind... A real tragedy.

Guatemala has some of the deepest deposits of top soil in the world. Guatemala does benefit from all its volcanoes.

• Like 1

realarch

Looks beautiful Scott!

Tim