IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Azalea Plants

Briank

Hey everyone.   Think I’m in right Forum I hope.  

Ive run out of Realestate for Palms and other large tropical trees plants.  

My my back yard has a planter that is about 2 ft High x 3 ft deep.  

It runs the length of backyard.  Like 60-70’. 

I really want to plant Azaleas all along that planter w maybe some Hibiscus.   I love the many color options and size of hibiscus and Azaleas.  I already have 3 good size rose’s in there. 

My problem is I cannot find a nursery that has Azalea Plants in a good size.  And they only might have 1 type! Frustrating.  If I go online I can buy from nurseries in 1ga and ship them,  however 1ga is small and Azaleas to my knowledge are not fast growers.   

Anyone know a grower in so Cal or CA that grows these?? Any help be appreciated. 

Brian 

Azaleas look awesome for about a month. The other 11 months it just looks like another bush. I can’t speak for CA but in Houston hibiscus grows pretty fast. They do like a lot of sun. 

Yeah I am planting Hibiscus as well..... Ive got about 3-4 different kinds.   THere are alot of varieties which i like.. I just want the bush look as well to cover up the whole fence Line.  Multi Purpose use.   THere are some Azaleas that in full sun will grow more than 1x year.   From what I read.     In CA it seems i can only find the really common Hibiscus.   I have ordered some different ones online, but i have to grow them up from 1GA.. I lost some this winter,  but if i can get them going they grow really fast.