IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

roystonea borinquena 7’ tall

Josh-O

I have a few roystonea borinquena I Germinated from habitat collected seed now available for sale. It’s not very often these come around for sale here in Cal this size. 

7’ tall 99.99 ea in 5 gallons. 

Call or text me at 626-278-6388 or send me a PM

thanks for looking :)

25137429-E3FC-4666-A85A-83657EEA48F4.thumb.jpeg.71f461f23ced50d714cb22c7c307ff4d.jpeg8191C72A-E4B6-4B9A-993E-5F16929A450B.thumb.jpeg.d729d34f49a1b3c8e50a3730897b704d.jpeg6ACAB8BB-2D51-4D8D-8F74-8D4EB958067C.thumb.jpeg.d7f8317f39b35204acee25115e217c59.jpeg9DE1FAFE-B673-4BDD-B61F-431971D242AB.thumb.jpeg.77b730e08471955c2cb03e5bcf16cf8e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Tempting, but 16 hrs roundtrip is a bit much.... 

Would love to try one or two of these in northern california. Anybody happening to be headed down south and back? would pay a delivery fee, of course.

-Ed

1 hour ago, dub671 said:

Would love to try one or two of these in northern california. Anybody happening to be headed down south and back? would pay a delivery fee, of course.

-Ed

I’ll jump on this too if somebody could deliver 1 of the Borinquenas to Sacramento. Or, I can drive anywhere within 150 miles of Sacramento to meet up with the delivery person.

Where’s your motivation? Pics from my trip down to stock up with Josh in Feb. :lol:

44D8C75E-E89B-4152-9C93-ACC8A298A399.jpeg

B1B75858-930D-4599-A417-7BE31D31FE44.jpeg

• Like 8

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

16 hours ago, dub671 said:

-Ed

Nah! I'm from Omaha and have been to Josh's place TWICE with my truck.

• Like 3

You guys are crazy......about palms. I'm just kinda one foot in it at this point.....

If I can manage to stop killing queens, maybe I'd get a bit more into this.

-Ed

1 hour ago, dub671 said:

You guys are crazy......about palms. I'm just kinda one foot in it at this point.....

If I can manage to stop killing queens, maybe I'd get a bit more into this.

-Ed

Just give it time, there was a moment when I was one foot in :lol:

Edited by enigma99
  • Like 1

I became a palm tree enthusiast last summer (I actually was never interested in any plants / gardening before palms)... last summer, i was two legs in... This spring, I’m chest deep in... For me to make the 16 hour roundtrip for a single palm, I’d have to be all in <_<

• Like 1

Borqui is a very easy grow in socal. A little harder than regia and always looks good

• Upvote 1

Paradise Hills, 4 miles inland, south facing slope in the back, north facing yard in the front

Hardier meant to say

Paradise Hills, 4 miles inland, south facing slope in the back, north facing yard in the front

Another great thing about borquies is they don't get enormous the way regias do.

The leaves weigh about half what a regia's leaves do.

Still marvelous and impressive; Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant

• Upvote 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:48 AM, Palm Tree Jim said:

Nice plants Josh!

Sunset zone 24

On 4/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, Ben in Norcal said:

Where’s your motivation? Pics from my trip down to stock up with Josh in Feb. :lol:

Ben is a no joke a hardcore collector. Only if it was not raining that day it would have been more enjoyable. Cheers Amigo!!

• Like 1

Sunset zone 24

Man those look nice Josh! I always thought those are less hardy than regia but some are saying the opposite.  If I could I would give them a try but I'm going to school now so probably not palm shopping for a while.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I still have some left.

Sunset zone 24

they are even taller now since posting this original add :)

Sunset zone 24

• 2 months later...

new batch is now released. I have around 20 available

first come first serve

Sunset zone 24

16 hours ago, rhallford826 said:

These are nice looking trees!! Great job josh!

Sunset zone 24

I highly recommend Josh, his palm trees are in great condition at a fair price. Very professional, and knowledgeable about Palm trees. He even took the time to wrap up my palm trees to prevent damage. Keep Up the good work Josh.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:08 PM, dub671 said:

-Ed

FYI, I will be driving up to Selma and then Turlock CA sometime in late Sept and could bring a couple with me if you guys are still interested.  I have limited space in my car (Malibu)

• Like 1

Carl

Vista, CA

23 hours ago, nachocarl said:

FYI, I will be driving up to Selma and then Turlock CA sometime in late Sept and could bring a couple with me if you guys are still interested.  I have limited space in my car (Malibu)

Carl, I am going to send you a PM.

• Upvote 1

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

4 hours ago, Ben in Norcal said:

Carl, I am going to send you a PM.

I'm on it :)

Sunset zone 24

10 minutes ago, Josh-O said:

I'm on it :)

I'll send you a note Josh - but have a look in the greenhouse for some cool 5gs!

• Upvote 1

Ben Rogers

• 2 months later...

still have a few and they are even bigger

Sunset zone 24

On 4/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, Ben in Norcal said:

Been there...done that wish Josh as well. More expensive trip for me since I bring my truck. Nice haul there!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sashaeffer said:

Been there...done that wish Josh as well. More expensive trip for me since I bring my truck. Nice haul there!

Yeah - I have free unlimited supercharging, so the cost of the trip down is really only my time!

• Like 1

Ben Rogers