Makaisland Palms

Archontophoenix flamethrower

Makaisland Palms

Got a PKG of a. Alexandrae seed a year or so ago.  5 of them have done quite well, by my own standards at least.  One of them, however, has been putting up increasingly redder new leaves.  I've read that this is common while young, especially in cooler spring time, but it's just interesting that one plant would turn out so differently when they have all had identical conditions.

IMG_20190407_103108.jpg

• Upvote 1

Makaisland Palms

IMG_20190407_103137.jpg

• Like 2

gtsteve

Yes, well that is nice and unusual.

PalmatierMeg

Very pretty. Welcome to PalmTalk.

Makaisland Palms

Thanks!  I've been reading everyone's comments and questions for years now and I finally have something to contribute!  

Josue Diaz

Very nice! I have one Archontophoenix that does the same, but I think it is growing out of that stage now as the latest frond had hardly any coloration. 

Welcome to PT!

Makaisland Palms

Thanks! How old is yours?  How much longer do I get to enjoy this new red leaf phase?

LealPalms

Congratulations! Very pretty palm tree.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• NC_Palm_Enthusiast
      By NC_Palm_Enthusiast
      I recently bought three majesty palms growing together in one pot from Lowe’s hardware. I’ve had them growing like this for about two months and they’re doing well; however, I’ve heard that they will grow faster if separated. Should I separate them or is there too much of a chance I would harm the plants by doing so?

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Hello, so I have some potted Sabal minors indoors that are doing well for the most part, but some seem to be "stuck" and just wont grow much. I am wanting to provide them with heat but they are in a small space. Does anyone know of anything that can safely provide a small area with heat for growing plants indoors? I could really use something like this, please tell me if you know about anything that might work! 
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      Who here grows larger (as in older) Sabal minor in pots? How is their growth rate? I might put a bunch in pots because I may end up moving (locally) and it would suck if I planted a bunch in the ground just to leave them in the next year. 
    • PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      How deep should I pot up my palm seedlings? I need to repot all of these in a better draining mix and simply because I believe they are too deeply potted now. How deep should I pot them? I was thinking about this deep (picture), the blue line represents the soil level I am thinking of potting them up at, does this seem right? 

• PalmTreeDude
      By PalmTreeDude
      So as the days get shorter and cooler, I eventually will not be able to keep my potted palms outside. I am wanting to get a smaller growing light for my potted palms and other plants as well, I was thinking of getting this one since it is a reasonable size. Do you think it will allow the palms to still grow throughout the winter well and get the light they need? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CJ98X5C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_0aPVBb8YMYN3G